Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
PP, then back to camera?

Is there any way to edit a photo, save it, and view it on the camera again? I've tried, but I get 'this image cannot be displayed.' FWIW, I'm a GIMPer.

Don't ask why I want to do this; it's silly.

05-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #2

Original Poster
I found a way, using a program called jhead: Exif Jpeg header manipulation tool

the command jhead -te [oldfile] [newfile] will copy the full JPEG header over, at which point it will be viewable on the camera.
05-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Woo, this could be interesting for uploading manipped photos in the pentax photo gallery.
05-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Pentax rep sent me a way to do it. It uses ACDSEE software. This is included with Pentax Optio P&S cameras. You can't use card reader to put pic back on card! Must use camera. It is pretty straight forward.
Use this to put pics on camera so they can be shown in class. It works well and my camera makes a higher quality viewer than any of the TV cardreader/ viewers I have tried. One less thing to carry to class. Strange that a card reader messes up the transfer.
thanks
barondla

Enter the POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #7 in P&S forum. Any camera except slr. Any brand. Any subject.