11-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
just enjoy ypur new camera

11-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

In a months time you will have forgotten that you could possibly have got it cheaper as other things in your life become more important, live with the decision it was a good one.
11-25-2014, 01:17 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
all very good responses. Thanks. It will be at my house Friday. Until then, I will just enjoy having a few days off from school and looking forward forward to getting it! That should be fun. Luckily I already ordered a spare battery pack from Amazon, so I can have that charged up and ready to go when the camera gets here
11-25-2014, 02:05 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Well, here's my take on it. The K-3 is the flagship Pentax (APS-c) body and likely will be for a couple more years, at least.
It was released almost exactly one year ago, Oct 2013 iirc. At a price of $1,300, body only. Now it's somewhat under one thousand and you're getting the body and OEM grip for $800.
Or, you could wait awhile and MAYBE get it for $750, or perhaps some other deal that seems better.
Or, wait a year and maybe it will be $700.
Those last two options mean you'll have a few extra dollars jingling in your pocket, but no camera until you find, purchase and receive the 'better' deal.
Wait! You could also open your camera in a few days and enjoy it.
What sounds better?
Ron
What he said.

About electronics, there will be almost always a better price in few days, but if you think to next price you'll never buy it. Usually I buy electronics such as smartphones and cameras, at least one year after they were released. Sometimes I pay the half of the "just released" price or less. I am happy this way. I never compare the price with new offers arrive after I have bought it, since I couldn't know before how much time I had to wait for a new rebate. But when I think that my camera costed me almost the half of the price, I am always happy.

11-25-2014, 02:17 AM   #20
Veteran Member

It's a very good price, as others have said, so forget everything, wait patiently for the camera and enjoy it!
11-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #21

Take the camera, dont look back. If you keep searching for lower prices you will not buy anything at all.
11-25-2014, 02:53 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willskywalker93 Quote
Not really sure where this should go, but I figured it couldn't be wrong here.

So here's the deal. I placed an order for a K3 on adorama's earlypeek deal at a price of 796.95 with free grip on forum speculation that last Friday's price was likely the lowest price that it would go in experience from previous year's sales. Now I am seeing these other deals pop up on the k5iis and a few other bundles on the k3, so I can't help but wonder if something better is coming Friday.
What should I do here? Not open the camera when it comes in to wait and see if there's a much better price, and if so get it and send this one back? See if adorama will possibly credit the difference instead? What's they proper call?

I know, I know. Ignore the price, enjoy the camera. But since it isn't in yet, it's hard to do that, so I have just been browsing the forums.

Thanks!

Buyer's remorse...? It's just part of the human condition when we confront the unknown... we all get it! You made a good decision.

If the price falls, consider the price difference... tuition. Plus, you just helped several strangers keep their jobs. Working retail is a tough business. They are thankful.

When your camera arrives, unbox it, get to work learning how to make best use of it and enjoy the season.

Cheers... M

Last edited by Michaelina2; 11-25-2014 at 08:10 AM.
11-25-2014, 05:54 AM   #23
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willskywalker93 Quote
I am terribly sorry about that, I will be more careful next time. Guess I just overlooked it on mobile.
Fugedaboutit.
I only make a post like that when I move threads out of GT so that others who may miss the sticky in the future will be aware as well. It's the "shoot one, teach a hundred" principle.
11-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I'd say that since you just bought it, you'll be fairly safe. Adorama gave me store credit when the price dropped $100 after I purchased the K-3 a month or so ago. No regrets now that it dropped again. I've gotten a lot of good use out of the camera that I wouldn't have if I would have waited further. Now I have an excuse to spend an extra $100 (or get $100 off something else... in a pay it forward way).
11-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
I'd say that since you just bought it, you'll be fairly safe. Adorama gave me store credit when the price dropped $100 after I purchased the K-3 a month or so ago. No regrets now that it dropped again. I've gotten a lot of good use out of the camera that I wouldn't have if I would have waited further. Now I have an excuse to spend an extra $100 (or get $100 off something else... in a pay it forward way).
Yeah, that 50mm for a hundred bucks deal looks nice now that you can combine it with the reduced price. May have to see if I can get that as a retroactive ad on since it wouldn't work with the coupon.
11-26-2014, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Buyers remorse" has always meant to me that the item purchased was not needed or did not fulfill the buyers expectations. I do not have money to spare but I have never regretted the purchase of a good item (and the K3 is s superb camera) when I needed it and could afford the current price, even if the price went down again later. Enjoy your camera for its photographic merits and do not worry if someone else buys one for less a few weeks later. It is not a bargain finding contest.
11-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #27

I just placed my order at B&H.. at what I believe is a great value.. forge ahead. enjoy.
11-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #28

Enjoy your camera and don't worry about it.
I'll be stopping by B&H on Black Friday to pick up the K-5iis,was close to picking it up last week but picked up a lens instead.
I still wasn't sure which one I wanted K-3 or K-5iis
11-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sportsgal501 Quote
was close to picking it up last week but picked up a lens instead.
LOL....did the same thing but only online....I was thinking about upgrading my K-5 but happened upon a fleabay deal on a HD DA21 limited in silver that I just couldn't resist....
I'll keep my K-5 most likely now and just wait 'til things settle down untill after the holidays next year.
What usually happens is that the black friday prices seem to be the new adjusted normal prices in the new year.
11-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also bought a 2nd K-3 (have one already) as part of the EARLYPEEK promotion. The only regret I'll have is if Adorama or B&H offers the K-3 in a bundle at a similar price with a different add-on. I know I won't use the grip, so a K-3 bundled with a lens would have been more appealing to me.