Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good Guy Camera Shop

A while back (invoice says September 12th) I sent my K-5 II in (SR was busted, tl; dr later, but it had to be sent to France). I emailed our shop/service centre two weeks ago and was told I'd be informed when anything came up. Having NOT been informed, I called them yesterday. When I told them the service number, the reaction was priceless: the call lady was literally shocked. She didn't even let me finish talking and went to check it out

Fast forward to now, I called again and got told I'll be getting a new camera once they decided what to do, since the K-5 II is unavailable. BOOYAH

12-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congratulations? Did they say what the replacement would be?

I've had that scenario happen just once in my life. In 2000 I bought a HP 618, my very first digital
camera. Damn pricey at the time; I think I paid around $500 for it. Within months it began to develop
extreme pixel noise which progressively, rapidly got worse. I called in to have it serviced only to be
told the model was discontinued and I would be receiving a replacement model. Great!, except the
replacement I received was the HP 812, an inferior camera in every respect except one, it had more
megapixels. I haggled with HP support for months trying to convince them that the 618 was a far
superior camera despite the difference in megapixels. In the end they offered a free charger stand
for the 812 and would go no further to compensate. In return, I've never purchased another HP
product.

Hope you have better luck and a K-5IIs or K-3 on the way.
12-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
I called again and got told I'll be getting a new camera once they decided what to do, since the K-5 II is unavailable. BOOYAH
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Congratulations? Did they say what the replacement would be?
Let's hope it is a K-5IIs or a K-3. OTOH, the K-S1 has more megapixels...No, let's not go there

Steve
12-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They didn't say anything today, only that they needed to hear back from the service centre. Apparently, they are not very communicative, even in the rare case when the one English-speaking guy is available. IMO the order of things I'm likely to get:
-Finally repaired K-5 II
-New K-5 II from somewhere else
-K-5 IIs
K-50 + X
-K-3

-Money back

I'll update. Hopefully they'll get a move on. I mean, come on, it's been almost three months.
They have given me a loaner K-7 though. Everybody's been surprisingly friendly. This just might be because I haven't given them trouble over the max-45-day service period...

12-10-2014, 02:47 AM   #5
Banned

The information

The information is useful for me.

Thanks
Ellen
01-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good Guy Camera Shop, The Sequel

I picked up my repaired and functional (phew!) K-5 II this Monday. Ironically, it was Monday, January 12th, precisely 4 months after the camera had been handed in. I won't go into detail, but around Christmas, I was informed that since the whole thing was taking so long, and they "promised" to get the camera fixed under warranty, the shop decided to pay the 460€ repair bill themselves.
gg Foto Beseničar. Guess who's just earned a return customer.

Be warned: Do not count on the EU warranty to cover your camera! The shop staff escalated the matter to the Pentax European Principal (?) and they confirmed the decision made by the European Service Centre.