Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #1

Chlorine

Have a chance to do some indoor swimming photography. Air is humid, no problem, but filled with Chlorine. Will this affect my brand new K3 w/ WR lenses? Thanks.

Last edited by MyTZuS; 12-02-2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
12-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not in concentrations that would not also hurt you.

However, warm humid air is NOT 'no problem'. If you take a cold camera into warm humid air you can get condensation both inside and outside the camera and lens. An indoor swimming pool in winter is just perfect for that.

To avoid issues either make sure the camera is warm before going into the pool area or keep it in a large sealed zip lock bag until it reaches the pool room temperature. After it has warmed up there should not be an issue.

Same problem can occur if you go outside into a hot humid day from air conditioning. In tropical situations anyway. Humidity has to be very high.
12-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
Great! Thanks for the info.

Have to say, where I live, its as humid as the tropics. Thankfully I've never had that issue with my K-x even though I didn't know about the cold to hot or vice versa.

Either way, appreciate the info.