Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
as long as you're comfortable with the body, stick with it. You only really need to change when it's gotten to a point where things stop working/is actually preventing you from getting the photos that you want. Having a few solid, fast lenses will take you farther than a larger body with just a kit lens.
Also agreed, invest in lens is usually more rewarding than a body

12-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #17

Original Poster
Is the Tamron 17-50 good for the kit upgrade ? It's cheap used so that I still have some money left for an prime/fixed focal lens.
12-07-2014, 02:26 AM   #18

Definitley take the K20 its a cracking body and brilliant to learn with. I've been resisting upgrading mine for years as I love the weight, ergonomics, build quality and layout.

Have played with a K50 but find it much more plasticy and less user friendly. The K5 is a better than that but i'd still echo others and put your cash on lenses.

I swear by the Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 macro hsm as my kit replacement. Its a little more than the options you are considering bit its a great pairing with the K20 and the xtra reach and close focus makes it a real flexible option.
12-07-2014, 02:32 AM   #19
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
I'd go the K20D (but then I'm a tad bias as I use a couple most days) route and buy more glass.