Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My K200D is on the fritz (a.k.a. no, I'm just a goober)

I was shooting the other day, just some snap shots, the light was crap, my mood was crap, the shots all were ugly, nothing major it still relieves my stress..
So I go to review a photo, and the lcd goes black on me. So I do it again, again the lcd goes black after a split second.

Hmmm...

So I'm walking to another spot just holding the camera with one hand, no hands on the buttons, and the AF starts whirring - what the heck??

(some of you may have guessed)

I sadly admit, it took me a lot longer than it should have to figure it out. Oh then I saw some ducks and got a couple quick shots of them, but with my index finger off the shutter button the autofocus would be going... OMG I'm going nuts.
Go to review the shots - it flashes up on screen then black again. AHHHHH!
It was getting late/too dark, so I went home. Take the camera out and try it again - AF still starts to go nuts once I power on the camera. I shake my head.
Then I go to take a vertical shot of my son and realize: The last time (maybe a few days before) I had turned on the power button on the grip and forgot to turn it off. *sigh*

I'm such a stooge. I can only hope I'm not the only one who loses their mind now and then...

05-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
I was shooting the other day, just some snap shots, the light was crap, my mood was crap, the shots all were ugly, nothing major it still relieves my stress..
So I go to review a photo, and the lcd goes black on me. So I do it again, again the lcd goes black after a split second.

Hmmm...

So I'm walking to another spot just holding the camera with one hand, no hands on the buttons, and the AF starts whirring - what the heck??

(some of you may have guessed)

I sadly admit, it took me a lot longer than it should have to figure it out. Oh then I saw some ducks and got a couple quick shots of them, but with my index finger off the shutter button the autofocus would be going... OMG I'm going nuts.
Go to review the shots - it flashes up on screen then black again. AHHHHH!
It was getting late/too dark, so I went home. Take the camera out and try it again - AF still starts to go nuts once I power on the camera. I shake my head.
Then I go to take a vertical shot of my son and realize: The last time (maybe a few days before) I had turned on the power button on the grip and forgot to turn it off. *sigh*

I'm such a stooge. I can only hope I'm not the only one who loses their mind now and then...
You are not alone. I did the same thing just yesterday, and I know better!
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Been there and done that, just this past weekend too. Got that figured out and kicked myself and then later on nothing in the view screen was in focus!!! I'm lookin for condensation on the view port and the lenses front and back and totally freaking out.... then as I am putting the eye piece back on for the 3rd time I look at the dipoter adjustment...