Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2014, 04:21 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Well, one issue for me is paying the same price for a lens that only goes to 2.4. With the crop sensor bodies I like to have as much DOF to play with and limit as possible. The other thing is that the Nikon has a built in motor and focuses fast even in low light. My Pentax isn't quite as good. Still, the image stabilization is quite nice, so in some cases I'd actually prefer the Pentax, especially where light is low and the subject is static, like a museum.
Have you thought about the Sigma 30mm f1.4? The newer art version seems to be pretty good and it would be faster.

From what I can see, the DA 35 f2.4 is about fifty dollars cheaper than the Nikon 35 f1.8, so there is a price break. I guess if you could find a used FA 35, that would be close too...

12-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by krisjaniz Quote
I waited for a long time to get the K-3. Dropped mine on concrete on practically the first outing. I was running and the zipper on the bag failed.

Sorry to hear about that... Did the camera survive the drop?
12-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

You will not have any regrets. I love the 24mp.
12-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Personally, I found that spending more money on a camera than I could afford at the time, was the best motivation to get me out shooting and improving as a photographer. Because I had to justify spending the money, but more importantly because at that point I couldn't blame my gear for my bad photos.

The LBA that followed after getting a better camera...well, that's a different story. :P

I hope you enjoy your K-3!

12-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Volker76 Quote
On one hand.. I so wanted this camera since it came out. On the other hand... stupid. Stupid! The K-30 is good enough.
Just don't do what I did: buy a K-3 while having a K30 that's good enough, to get so attached to the K-3 that you get rid of the K30 just to realize you need a back-up body and turn around and buy a K-5iis.
"I still don't feel guilty though, just a little privileged and broke!"
QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Personally, I found that spending more money on a camera than I could afford at the time, was the best motivation to get me out shooting and improving as a photographer. Because I had to justify spending the money, but more importantly because at that point I couldn't blame my gear for my bad photos. The LBA that followed after getting a better camera...well, that's a different story. :P I hope you enjoy your K-3!
Oh yeah ...and this too!
12-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, one issue for me is paying the same price for a lens that only goes to 2.4. With the crop sensor bodies I like to have as much DOF to play with and limit as possible. The other thing is that the Nikon has a built in motor and focuses fast even in low light. My Pentax isn't quite as good. Still, the image stabilization is quite nice, so in some cases I'd actually prefer the Pentax, especially where light is low and the subject is static, like a museum.
I just have a look at your photo/album... I don't think you need a Pentax, a Nikon camera will be more suitable for you.. enough said... suggest you should sell your Pentax gear while it is still worth something.. and move on, life is too short if you don't find the niche in Pentax...
12-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I just have a look at your photo/album... I don't think you need a Pentax, a Nikon camera will be more suitable for you.. enough said... suggest you should sell your Pentax gear while it is still worth something.. and move on, life is too short if you don't find the niche in Pentax...
Judge me by my size, do you?

12-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Judge me by my size, do you?
No, you have both D7100 and k-3 and you prefer the other camera (Pentax has nothing to compare), isn't it obvious?
12-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
No, you have both D7100 and k-3 and you prefer the other camera, isn't it obvious?
I wouldn't assume so. I have a lot of Pentax M lenses and I rather like having image stabilization on them all. Different cameras do different things better.

As I said.

But I do understand your confusion, if you've only ever owned one brand. I was merely making known my thoughts.
12-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #25
Veteran Member

On the contrary, I think wolfeye's on a roll. He just needs to buy the A7 II, X-T1, and E-M1 and similar FL lenses so we can all live vicariously through his dreamboat of a collection.
12-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #26
Site Supporter

I simply need the 645z and the full set of lenses for it and I will be happy.
12-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I simply need the 645z and the full set of lenses for it and I will be happy.

who doesn't? until the governments wake up and give everybody his own 645z, the K3 has to serve as a replacement drug.
12-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #28

Why the confession? Guilty perhaps of participating in the "Why I won't buy a K-3" thread?
12-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Why the confession? Guilty perhaps of participating in the "Why I won't buy a K-3" thread?
I am.
12-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I am too, but to be fair, most of my posts involved references to bacon, lutefisk and European pop stars.