Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #1

Its here! its here!

My new K50 arrived yesterday, it was preceded by a 18-135 WR and other assorted goodies.

I purchased this camera with the help of this board and other reviews, but had never actually held the camera before I purchased it. I have to say, I am very pleased with the feel and balance of the camera, and extremely impressed with the build quality. This thing feels solid and well built.

I purchased a white and black body (couldn't pass it up for $299) and I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like it. I know it doesn't take any better pictures than a black version, but I do like it. My wife also likes the contrast against the control buttons.

The battery spent the night charging and the wife is getting acquainted with it today. So far, she has commented on the layout of the controls and menus. This camera was purchased for the both of us, but she will be using it more than I will on a daily basis and It needed to privide a balance that was capable as she gets deeper into her photography, but simple enough to allow her to get out and start using it and not get bogged down in technicalities of the technology. It also allows me a flexible platform for my use and tons of excellent glass to look forward to.

Thank you to everyone here for a great forum, I received some great advice and learned from lots of documented experiences here. I'm sure that lots of question will forthcomming, so thank you all in advance.

I will post some pics once I've has some time to get acquainted with it.

12-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Congrats, have fun!
12-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
sounds good, but you know that is only the beginning (more lenses, a K-3, a nice bag, a tripod, flash...)
12-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #4

Enjoy capturing those special photos!

12-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yes, beachgardener, I know its only the beginning - unlike my wife...........

I also know that while this is forum my be a gathering of addicts, it is not a place for those trying to "kick the habit." I look forward to returning the favor and encouraging the rest of you. ;-)
12-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
Huy
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
sounds good, but you know that is only the beginning (more lenses, a K-3, a nice bag, a tripod, flash...)
You're reading my mind!
12-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Huy Quote
You're reading my mind!
Oh, and what I have read