Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #31
Inactive Account

I got my k200d from amazon.com (directly, still disputing with dbroth) and was able to get it for $643.11 and it did come with the AL II lens! To get it that cheap you have to be willing to wait a couple days, and play around trying to get it into your Gold Box for the 5% discount. I can give further instructions on what I did if anyone wants.

06-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #32
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Airmide, I'm curious about how you worked that out, if you don't mind going through the process.
06-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #33
Inactive Account

First I started a whole new account so that I wouldn't have to play around with deleting my history.

Then I said I own, and rated 5 stars, the battery grip

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-DBG3-Ba...2881812&sr=8-6

And this k200d specific photography book http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Lantern-...881812&sr=8-10

Then I put the k200d kit in my cart overnight. Actually ended up being 2 nights.

I went through the recomendations area and clicked "not interested" on all the stupid stuff they had listed like the batteries and SD cards, but I left up the lenses and flash etc. I don't know at all if that step is necessary or not.

Then I just obsessively checked my gold box. I went out, I think it was the third day. In the morning when I checked it wasn't there, but then I rechecked when I got back in the afternoon and it was there!

I also called customer service because I was not able to get the Amazon Prime free trial on my new account. I told them I had something in my Gold box i wanted on one account but I wanted the free shipping from the other account. So they activated the free Amazon Prime trial on my new account also!

I believe the same strategy should work for whatever you want. Start from scratch (you can just delete stuff so you don't have to have a new account each time), rate at least two items as 5 stars saying you own them. Make sure the items are *very* specific to the item you actually want to buy. Put the item you want in your cart, and wait.
06-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
Forum Member

Thanks!

06-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Sure! Let me know how it goes, I'm curious how well it works for other people. Could be good to know for the future if we want to buy other stuff where 5% could make a good difference.
06-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Airmide Quote
Sure! Let me know how it goes, I'm curious how well it works for other people. Could be good to know for the future if we want to buy other stuff where 5% could make a good difference.
Well, thanks to y'all, I'm broke!!!

Ordered the K200D w/lens yesterday. Orginally only wanted the body as I already have a bunch of lenses, but decided to try Airmide's "Gold Box" process. I put the K200D body-only in my shopping cart after doing the product reviews - not a bad price at $628.xx - then started checking the Gold Box items. After a day, the DK200D with kit lens showed up at a price of $641.xx. I figured the lens was worth $13 so I jumped on it! The SO is going to be so PO'ed if she ever finds out!! Glad the K200D looks like my DS!!! Can't wait to get it! As the OP said - WOO HOO!!!!
06-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #37
Site Supporter

I got the k200d. The k20D had me twitching . . .
06-11-2008, 03:22 AM   #38

Photos: Gallery
Finally....

Finally...The Pentax Cashback is here for us scums in the UK....

Cashback

Cheers
Nish

06-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Hi Nish

Re the good news:

QuoteQuote:
Finally...The Pentax Cashback is here for us scums in the UK....
Allelujah, so miracles actually do seem to happen occasionally.........and not before time either if you ask me, for us long-suffering Brits ! Maybe Pentax executives actually DO occasionally take notice of what appears on this forum, although the cynic in me suspects that the forthcoming recession might have might have more to do with the situation....who knows !

Best regards
Richard
06-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #40

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Allelujah, so miracles actually do seem to happen occasionally.........
Probably the first time in Pentax UK land.

QuoteQuote:
Maybe Pentax executives actually DO occasionally take notice of what appears on this forum, although the cynic in me suspects that the forthcoming recession might have might have more to do with the situation....who knows
I wrote to Pentax when it was running rebates on K10D in US, asking them why aren't they running any here. Did not receive any response but I was hoping for it though. My anxious wait faded when they released K20D and K200D and I realised it will never happen here. So I ended up buying K10D last month.

So the rebates did not help me but I'm hoping it will help someone and Pentax gets better response to their offer. Atleast that may persuade them to have more rebates in the future.

Too bad no rebates on Lens' to fulfill my LBA..

Cheers
Nish