Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #1

Takuma 42 mount Len ?

Hello to All,
I had received two Takuma lens 50 f1.4 and 35 f2 today.Both Lens have a Manual and Auto Switch on them.
This is my first time use Manual len 42 Mount. I had a Pentax Adapter K to 42 .I did took few shots with both Lens in M mode on K-10D boby.
I could NOT Understand Auto Switch on the Len, How do you use it ?. What is set in the K-10D Boby when it in Auto Position ?
Please help me out !!!!
Thank you,
steve

12-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Later version M42 mount bodies could stop down during the shutter actuation. The Auto Mode would work for them.

The switch could also be read, Open and Closed. Open for focusing (in Auto) and Closed (Manual) for determining exposure and ultimately making the shot.

If you put the lens in Auto Mode, set an aperture to like f8, then press the pin on the back of the lens you will find the aperture closes.
12-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevewong Quote
Hello to All,
I had received two Takuma lens 50 f1.4 and 35 f2 today.Both Lens have a Manual and Auto Switch on them.
This is my first time use Manual len 42 Mount. I had a Pentax Adapter K to 42 .I did took few shots with both Lens in M mode on K-10D boby.
I could NOT Understand Auto Switch on the Len, How do you use it ?. What is set in the K-10D Boby when it in Auto Position ?
Please help me out !!!!
Thank you,
steve
On a K10D, the switch must be in manual. The auto position was only designed for open-aperture shooting on later Spotmatic bodies, as mattt describes.

M42 shooting instructions for digital:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Later version M42 mount bodies could stop down during the shutter actuation. The Auto Mode would work for them.

The switch could also be read, Open and Closed. Open for focusing (in Auto) and Closed (Manual) for determining exposure and ultimately making the shot.

If you put the lens in Auto Mode, set an aperture to like f8, then press the pin on the back of the lens you will find the aperture closes.
Thanks Mattt for your help !!.I will try it out !!
Thank you,
steve

---------- Post added 12-20-14 at 08:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
On a K10D, the switch must be in manual. The auto position was only designed for open-aperture shooting on later Spotmatic bodies, as mattt describes.

M42 shooting instructions for digital:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html
Thanks for the Link ! I will do some reading about 42 - len !!
Steve

12-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice lenses you received. I think the others have got you straight on how to use them.
12-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Nice lenses you received. I think the others have got you straight on how to use them.
Thanks Tim,
I am learning how to use Manual len ! Takuma lens over 35 years ,they still work well on pentax K-10 D.
steve