Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #16

Original Poster
well it's like you said, I'm buying into a system not one camera and one lens. So I am trying to see where the future lies in that aspect. No new Sony A7ii came out and it has a lot of improvements,but beyond my budget lenses wise etc no no point to discuss I guess. When I said portrait I meant pictures of my family and friends, not studio portraiture.
Simply i like pentax for its size and Wales capabilities, and I know that if I buy a camera now I will not change it for at least 5 years or more. That's why it seems to be a bit of a decision to make, I will invest in lenses etc but unless I'll get a cracking job it won't be top of the range ones. Speaking about lenses for me pentax lacks long telephoto with silent motor. Yes there is 55-300 and apparently good quality lens but even Nikon cheapest has quiet afs, a bummer a bit;/

12-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Long telephoto is something of a gap for Pentax. Just a bit, though, with the DA300. The motor isn't AS loud as you think it is, bear that in mind. No quality long telephoto is going to be inexpensive, so you might consider lineup when deciding on systems.
I have the 55-300, it's good and it's portable, unlike some of the huge telephotos from the competitors - it's not as fast, of course, which is why it's smaller.
12-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For silent AF, you have the DA 18-135, the new DA 16-85 the 18-270.
Among cheaper lenses that use SDM there is the DA 17-70 but you're right, none of the FAs, none of the standard kits (18-55 or 55-200) have electric motors.

All the gory details are here.
RICOH Digital Camera Lens Lineup