Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by naldopr Quote
Well guys Im about To get the K3 but before I buy it I have a few more questions
First SD card in adorama the one suggested is the Lexar 32gb professional SDHC uhs-I class 10 for 23.95
Is this the correct ad to buy or you suggest me a different brand etc?
Also my brother is going to add a tripod since there so many brands to choose any suggestions? I research I saw manfrotto 190xbpro there also other brand I like the idea to have the ability to macro also the drop and spill coverage is worth getting it? any suggestions will be appreciated
One small point you might consider: For many applications today, and assuming a quality, fairly fast lens, with a DSLR tripods are getting to be less necessary. Outdoors I am constantly shooting at 1/1000 or faster even at 100-200 ISO (though snow, sea, and sky make up much of my environment in Newfoundland) with my better lenses. A really good lens might be a better present!

Depends on your needs, of course. For example caribou during the day rarely need a tripod as you can kneel/sit/use any nearby rock on the tundra! Whales are impossible to shoot with one from a boat, of course. Birds can be a different matter.

Think about your applications, anyway, in this regard.

04-04-2015, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
Well guys Im about To get the K3 but before I buy it I have a few more questions First SD card in adorama the one suggested is the Lexar 32gb professional SDHC uhs-I class 10 for 23.95 Is this the correct ad to buy or you suggest me a different brand etc? Also my brother is going to add a tripod since there so many brands to choose any suggestions? I research I saw manfrotto 190xbpro there also other brand I like the idea to have the ability to macro also the drop and spill coverage is worth getting it? any suggestions will be appreciated
Good choice. The K-3 will take you further I think. The memory card should be good as well. Personally I'd owned two tripods for a while now and actually just upgraded my compact option only a couple of weeks ago.
I think they still come in handy and there are shots you just can't shoot handheld, self portraits is one that I do a lot. The Manfrotto should be decent, but I never used a 190xbpro, so I'm not sure.
04-04-2015, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #18

Well guys Im about To get the K3 but before I buy it I have a few more questions
First SD card in adorama the one suggested is the Lexar 32gb professional SDHC uhs-I class 10 for 23.95
Is this the correct ad to buy or you suggest me a different brand etc?
Also my brother is going to add a tripod since there so many brands to choose any suggestions? I research I saw manfrotto 190xbpro there also other brand I like the idea to have the ability to macro also the drop and spill coverage is worth getting it? any suggestions will be appreciated
Lexer is OK but Sandisk is generally preferred, going by Forum views. Unless you are going to do serious video you would be far better off with two 16Gb (if shooting lots of raw images) or four 8Gb if you compose BEFORE pressing the shutter or prefer Jpegs (hersesy with K3 I believe). This means that if you have problems with one card you do not lose all your pictures.

The K3 is an excellent camera and is currently available at a good price, but for someone new to DSLR cameras I think that a K50 or a K5ll or K5lls would be a better option. With the newly introduced K-S2 I suspect that there could quite a few little used secondhand ones available at a very good price shortly.
04-04-2015, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #19

So wich lens will be good for wildlife land scape and for macro? That will work on both cameras I consider. My self a quik learned person and patience I know there a lot to learn but also the more I use it in the field the faster I will Lear from all the mistake I just want to be sure I get the right equipment also the right sd card to get
Thanks guys
The new version of the 55-300 is the one to get! It is called HD DA55-300 (do not buy the DA55-300!), and has all the new lens coatings, and is water-proof and dust-proof!

04-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to put my thoughts in. Get the 16-85. While not quite as good as the 18-135 for "reach" capturing distant objects you can crop it and get almost the same quality and from 18-85 you get better quality, and you get the wider 16-17mm views which you will likely enjoy given your sample shots. I own the 18-135 and love it, but if I was in your shoes I'd be inclined to buy the 16-85.
04-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
Lexer is OK but Sandisk is generally preferred, going by Forum views. Unless you are going to do serious video you would be far better off with two 16Gb (if shooting lots of raw images) or four 8Gb if you compose BEFORE pressing the shutter or prefer Jpegs (hersesy with K3 I believe). This means that if you have problems with one card you do not lose all your pictures.

The K3 is an excellent camera and is currently available at a good price, but for someone new to DSLR cameras I think that a K50 or a K5ll or K5lls would be a better option. With the newly introduced K-S2 I suspect that there could quite a few little used secondhand ones available at a very good price shortly.
You r right buddy I was looking into the k50 but since I also do sports(bodyboarding) the 8fps that the k3 offers is ideal. I know it will take me time to understand all the functionality of this camera but thank God I'm a fast learner and also have the best learning resources You guys ((. :
I know with the k3 I will cover all the áreas I need and for long time
04-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #22

Original Poster
BH is not offering the free battery grip anymore is adorama a good place to buy?

04-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BH is not offering the free battery grip anymore is adorama a good place to buy?
My only experience with Adorama was for a failed transaction. The paypal transaction did not fully complete and they seemed very helpful. They sent me email to follow up and after I found the transaction had failed I had also found the part I was ordering that I thought was lost so I cancelled the order - they were kind and easy to deal with.