Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #16

Original Poster
Dear KDAFA,

Cleaning could potentially cause the problem. It is hard to tell. I am also a Nikon user (D700). My D700 (I think the LCD is not a "gapless" one) LCD has a slight condensation and a couple of small particles sandwiched between the LCD and its glass cover. I think the problem of all major camera manufacturers as well as all high-tech equipment manufacturers is that they use new technologies without testing they performances at the long run.

01-03-2015, 12:02 AM   #17

Original Poster
Here is a "weird" update about my K-3 LCD "fogging" issue. I've had the camera for 10 days and I noticed the following pattern. When I don't use the camera for a day or so, I noticed the the fogging from inside the LCD comes up on the outside. After I clean the LCD, the fogging is barely visible and is only present inside. When I pick up the camera next time, the LCD is fogged also from outside. It seems as something keeps evaporating, passes through the LCD glass, and surfaces on the outside of the monitor. I know this sounds crazy, but that what it is. It just makes no sense. I am a scientist and I generally try to find the reason for everything. This really starts to "bag" my mind.
01-03-2015, 03:33 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
<p>its probably separation due to flex of a cover. The cover probably has a different elastic modulus than the screen (in fact I bet it does) so there are perpendicular forces acting on the interface between screen and the cover.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>its a design issue - the adhesive should be soft and thick enough to allow independent movements or the moduli should be matched.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><font color="Silver"><font size="1">---------- Post added 01-03-15 at 04:36 AM ----------</font></font></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>note there are also lateral forces during the flex so that can break adhesive too, if it is too hard.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>It's exactly the same kind of error as in the first bone implants. That's my bet on what's happening here.</p>

Last edited by rrstuff; 01-03-2015 at 03:52 AM.
01-03-2015, 03:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like moisture to me. It can happen to tv lcd's as well. If moisture gets to the edge of an lcd screen, it can get sucked in between the layers of the screen by capillary action. That is why the instructions say to apply the cleaning solution to the cloth and not the screen, because if your spray directly onto your tv screen, it could dribble to the bottom edge and invade.
As a Just in case, I suggest storing the camera in a very warm place, open to the air for a while to see if it dries out.
I could take a week or a couple of months but should eventually clear.

Here's a pic of what it looks like :