Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #16
osv
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
nikon would not be the best choice for shooting video, you'd be better off with a k-3 and a cheap hd camcorder.

camcorders give you better stabilization than you'll get with any other form factor, plus semi-parfocal lenses, that don't require continuous autofocus all the time.

on the other hand, the ff sony a7ii fits everything that you described better than just about any other camera on the market.

12-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
Site Supporter

With baby, and maybe the dog, it's about being able to grab the camera quick and use it.
So the best video can is really the HP.
Since its for documenting purposes, it will suffice.

For something better, consider a QS1, serious compact or small video cam.
Imo, the only advantage of a dslr or milc would be the lenses and imo, if it can to that, it's ruch more seoious video shooting that will warrant it.

We need to be honest with ourselves over this.
Really need the malleability of raw video or better codec and all the whiz bang with the dedication of software, processing and the skill sets to make it 'work' as a good video.
Or just to shoot video for record purposes
12-29-2014, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
I reckon K-50 with 18-135 WR and Pentax 35mm DA L F2.4, I will buy a separate camcorder for video I think...
12-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Sounds like your needs would be best met by a mirrorless system that offers good video performance or even what was known as a bridge camera.
Since the quality of lenses you are considering are nothing special and your budget is fairly lean, I'm curious what a DSLR would get you that matters much?

M
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Those two are pretty much mutually exclusive. But if video and the articulating are a priority over stills, check out the Canon 70D. Otherwise, I'd recommend the Pentax K-3, as it's a huge upgrade over the K-x and has always been a great value plus it's one of the best APS-C DSLRs currently on the market.
+1 on both..........

The thing coming to y mind was the travelzoom from Panasonic wich brings a lot to the table:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz1000

12-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Panasonic GH4 + 12-35mm F2.8 has everything you need but in-body stabilization. IQ will be about the same level as K-x. Video will be much better than anything you can get from Pentax.

A budget option would be the older GH3 but you will be giving up the great tracking AF of the GH4.