Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2015, 03:10 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If anything, Pentax GUI looked nicer a few years back IMO. Before they started using graduated colors on the interface.
It where cleaner before. Now it a bit overdone IMO.

Attached Images

01-17-2015, 03:20 AM   #47
Pentaxian

I don't think it is necessary. A few changes here and there, yes. Say options in the menu that can change the camera and more options in general.

For example a video mode option. Pick between video as we know it, enhanced video which unlocks a couple of options and video off, which makes video on the mode dial be turned into another user mode, removes any mentioning of video in the menu and reassigns any video centric button or switch to do a stills function. Different people, different needs.

Likewise it should be possible to individually reassign video buttons and switches, for people who want to be able to shoot video, but don't need a nicely placed button for that.

Some visual refeshing would not hurt, likewise performance improvements. But please no fundamental changes.
01-17-2015, 03:42 AM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I feel like people who focus on the visual presentation in the user interface are picking nits. It would be fine if Pentax did improve the look a little bit, but first of all, I don't really believe anyone buys a camera based on the appearance of the UI (the question is whether or not the options are there and are easy to find -- and they are). Second, up till now Pentax has been really working on other, far more important things since their acquisition by Ricoh. The idea of taking staff away from some other project to spruce up the UI seems somewhat wasteful. If you ask me to rank the things I hope Pentax is working on -- a new camera release, improved tracking auto focus, a new lens release, improved video, or an updated UI, the UI would come in a distant last.
01-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #49
Pentaxian

The updated UI should be outsourced anyway. Like they outsource camera design to some industrial designer sometimes, UI experts and graphic designers could have a look at the UI to see if there are possible improvements to look and feel.