Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Believe it or not I can tell the difference between ISO 100 and ISO 80 on my K-5 II. ISO 80 look a little bit sharper but you really have to pixel peep.

01-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
I think 400 is a bit extreme for limiting the auto ISO, but I shoot a lot in very low light.
I've always figured that I've been overly conservative with ISO, since I learned my camera by shooting mainly macro; where clarity trumps shutter speed in controlled conditions. Same thing with SR. After learning, habit set in I fear.

Ah, I thought you meant "auto mode", and not a HC setting. Thanks for settling the confusing there. Today, I think I'm going to go out and try shooting with the HC on, and see what I get.
01-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Omestes Quote
I've always figured that I've been overly conservative with ISO, since I learned my camera by shooting mainly macro; where clarity trumps shutter speed in controlled conditions. Same thing with SR. After learning, habit set in I fear.

Ah, I thought you meant "auto mode", and not a HC setting. Thanks for settling the confusing there. Today, I think I'm going to go out and try shooting with the HC on, and see what I get.
Makes complete sense for macro shooting. In fact, I would want to stick with base ISO if at all possible. That can be a challenge if there's wind.

Good luck playing with HC. Even if you don't use it in extreme dynamic range situation, you'll see the noise floor isn't greatly hindered - at least at low ISOs.