Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Flugelbinder Quote
Fuji has some drawbacks that only the FLAOs don't seem to 'see'. Many are, as is clear by the amount of used Fuji gear in the market..
Fuji has had very short product cycles over the last 3 years and have introduces multiple new bodies as the line has evolved. They have a loyal user base. I know two people who started with the X-E1, then X-E2, and now have the X-T1. One of them has also had the X-100, X-100s, and now the X-100t. Shorter product cycles lead to a lot of used gear on the market as people upgrade. The above chart represents people who are very happy with the brand, so even if there is a lot of turnover, those who have stayed with Fuji are very happy with it and that percentage is almost as high a the Pentax group.

If Fuji has a really high number of people who buy into their system and then turn around and dump it on the used market because they are unhappy with it, then they are selling awful lot of cameras to end up with the 1.3% shown on the graph.

The problem with Sony is that they can't maintain a mount for very long
Exactly which mount has Sony discontinued?

01-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

Exactly which mount has Sony discontinued?
I apologize for the confusion, I should have wrote product-line... All of them. Let's see how long the 'A' stands in production...
01-09-2015, 09:12 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I apologize for the confusion, I should have wrote product-line... All of them. Let's see how long the 'A' stands in production...
All of them would include which mounts? Name one ILC product line that Sony has discontinued?
01-09-2015, 09:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

All of them would include which mounts? Name one ILC product line that Sony has discontinued?
If you want to only talk ILC, the 'NEX', but what about the 'Alpha' before that?

01-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #20
Veteran Member

If you want to only talk ILC, the 'NEX', but what about the 'Alpha' before that?
Since this is a camera forum it might be best to stick to cameras. Sony is a huge company with many different divisions doing different things.

The NEX is the E-mount and it is still in production, they just changed the name. The Alpha line is still in production. The A99II is expected to be released at CP+ with updated CZ 85 and 135 lenses that have SSM to work with the A99II AF-D system.
01-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Since this is a camera forum it might be best to stick to cameras. Sony is a huge company with many different divisions doing different things.

The NEX is the E-mount and it is still in production, they just changed the name. The Alpha line is still in production. The A99II is expected to be released at CP+ with updated CZ 85 and 135 lenses that have SSM to work with the A99II AF-D system.
Ok. I stand correct...
01-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #22
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
Two Words is a post?
The two words are self-explanatory. Brevity is welcome.

01-09-2015, 04:24 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
When I bought my Spotmatic, back in 1967, Pentax outsold Nikon and Canon, COMBINED. Those were the days.

Turn on CSI, NCIS or any of the forensic/cop shows and you'll see them taking crime-scene photos with Nikon cameras. I wonder how much Nikon pays for such product placement. Pentax should do the same.
I was watching a show on TV the other night, don't remember which one, where an actor was using an SLR with the brand blacked out.
It made the camera look very strange like just holding a lump of black plastic up to their face.
01-09-2015, 06:23 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I saw a photo/selfie, from one of the forum users, which had blacked out the letters on the front, and it looked pretty cool...