Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #31
Pentaxian

I have the OEM as well as a brandless battery, IIRC from dx.com. The brandless in the beginning gave me, say, 60-80% the capacity of the OEM, but it was something like $5-10 including shipping, so as a backup that's good enough. It seems like I have damaged it though (too long without charging?), cause now, some 2 years later that battery is dead (turn it on in live view or video mode and the camera turns off after a few minutes, even though it was fully charged).

Unless the camera gets damaged by the battery I'd say go for it... it's so much cheaper, you can simply get more batteries.

I've got a very light and flexible (you can get different adapters for different batteries) charger that also comes with a 12V car socket thing and 2 USB ports (micro and full sized), so I can charge my D-Li90 via USB power bank, or a regular phone charger, etc. I can highly recommend this, these days I always charge via USB...

@anemone: Please keep us updated on your testings. Sounds interesting.

01-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #32
amateur dirt farmer...

Photos: Gallery | Albums
purchased a Watson battery as a spare from B&H when I bought my K-50 and was able to shoot over 600 images on it...