Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Thaks to All

Well most of you told me to stick it out... and I did.

My K10D from Dell finally arrived Two days ago, I picked it up yesterday.

AS with the rest of us, I like the build and its not too different from the K100D. But of course have to learn the new modes myself.

It came with 1.00 Firmware, but I upgraded it myself in less in two minutes after I set up the date and time on the thing.

A friend also gave me a Opteka 500MM F.8 Mirror and a Phoenix 100-400 F4.5-6.7 AF lens to play with.. She did not know, I would have not bought them myself so guess I will have to give them a shot .. LOL

Its Christmas time in February for me

02-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrats. Some freind that is cool.
02-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Congratulations, Kitanis,

I was one of those who had an order in from 12-17 and I kept urging patience. Then, when I got that last update I cancelled.

Still, I ordered a k100 from Beach Camera instead and am extremely happy with it although the k10 would have been great too.

Good things come to those who wait.
02-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #4

That's great to hear, congratz on the new camera. I am getting mine today, I just checked ups and it's showing out for delivery! Post some pics as soon as you get some.

02-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrads. I actually hardly use my k100d and I am not sure why I still had it in my cupboard.

I heard somewhere that there might be newer models to "upgrade" k100d. I might need to sell it before the value goes down
02-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #6

Original Poster
:-) Now.. if we would just get out of this artic cold depression where it dose not hurt to be out in the cold.. RLOL I tried today to take some shots with my new Phoenix lens and the wind caused me to come right back inside.

But seriously.. I was the opposite of many of you who bought the K100D instead, I already had one.

The two cameras are perfect compliments to each other. The K10D feels heftier, and gives you the option of RAW+JPEG mode besides other shooting modes.

But to my mind, I have a airline trip on the Horizon, I would love to take the K10D with me but i think the K100D will go instead sans batteries, they can be purchased at the destination, less hassles and the picture quality, not perfectly the same, but nothing to be embarrassed about either

Now I have to decide on my external flash, the 540 is my primary choice but might have to wait for finances to build again