Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Konica lens to Pentax mount?

1. I was given a box of camera gear and found a 28mm Konica lens that I might like to try out. I don't know much about accessories and compatibility.

Is there an adapter available for my K100d so that I might be able to use this lens?

2. As well, I have a bunch of other Konica and Pentax gear in the box. What category is best for me to post questions about them? I would be happy to put them up for sale, but I have considerable lack of knowledge about these items, what they are worth or where to post them.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

05-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #2

no adapters

Sorry Panache
there is no adapter for konica to pentax K mount. I have looked and researched because I have some Konica lens also. I have not found anything.

Woody
05-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Woody,
About the only slr that would accept a Konica lens with an adapter are the Olympus 4/3 slr's. The distance from the film plane on the Konica is only 40.5mm, compared to 45.5mm of the Pentax. This means that when mounted on a Pentax slr the Konica lens would only focus on close subjects, not inifinity. About the Pentax items, you could post photos and users could help with identification.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Panache Quote
1. I was given a box of camera gear and found a 28mm Konica lens that I might like to try out. I don't know much about accessories and compatibility.

Is there an adapter available for my K100d so that I might be able to use this lens?

2. As well, I have a bunch of other Konica and Pentax gear in the box. What category is best for me to post questions about them? I would be happy to put them up for sale, but I have considerable lack of knowledge about these items, what they are worth or where to post them.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.
05-28-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Debb, to learn about the other Pentax equipment, try doing a search on each item separately, using the search button at the top of each Forum page. Another Forum source of information about the market value of a particular Pentax item is the Marketplace; find your items in the posts and follow the threads to look for asking/selling prices.

As for Konica gear, get thee to Google and search for Konica, Konica Minolta, and (lately) Sony user groups.

Oh, and I hear that there's this thing on the interTubes called "fleaBay" or some such newfangled nonsense...

05-28-2008, 01:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I've read somewhere that it it possible to change a Konica mount to a K-mount, but that still turns the lens into a macro.
05-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses!! I think I'll try to sell the Konica gear locally first and hope for the best. Too bad about the incompatibility though. I sure could have used that 28mm.
I'll take a shot of the Pentax gear and put it in the Marketplace.
Thanks again.
05-28-2008, 06:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you could, post back anything you find about the Konica stuff. I've got a pretty full kit of stuff that I got from a neighbor and have been trying to find out a little about them.

05-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I actually mounted a 200mm Konica lens on my Pentax. It does work, but doesn't focus very far - yes, it's as though you have an extension tube built in. But the thing does mount, after a fashion, and it is possible to take a photograph. I wouldn't do so except to satisfy curiosity however.