Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by felix68 Quote
...zoomed with my feet.
good ol' foot zoom! I almost ate it running backwards while shooting the other day!

05-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #17
Inactive Account

My wife and I team up for weddings (have only done a couple)

Both use K10D's.
1 camera with Tamron 28-75 f2.8 for candids/group shots
1 camera with Pentax FA 50 f1.4 for posed shots/low light/bokeh blowouts (flowers, rings, etc.)

Works for us...and both lenses can be had for the price of one new 70 or 77 ltd.

c[_]
05-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Benjikan,
The tamy 28-75 is my current lense.. Used for portraits, weddings, snapshots everything. I have not seen the Pentax 17-70 yet. I have run into occasions where the 28 isn't wide enough. At the end of the day, I am happy with this lense... Just wondering if the grass is greener on the pentax side of the glass...and worth the $... The 50mm offerings are probably where I will look for another lense to play with. .. At least for now.
05-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Truax_photo Quote
Thanks Benjikan,
The tamy 28-75 is my current lense.. Used for portraits, weddings, snapshots everything. I have not seen the Pentax 17-70 yet. I have run into occasions where the 28 isn't wide enough. At the end of the day, I am happy with this lense... Just wondering if the grass is greener on the pentax side of the glass...and worth the $... The 50mm offerings are probably where I will look for another lense to play with. .. At least for now.
I didn't know you had the 28-75 Tammy. One of my all time favorite lenses. Got rid of my Canon 24-70 when I was with Canon after using the Tammy. Well if that is the case why not the Pentax 12-24. It is incredible right from wide open to f 16.0. That way you are covered pretty well from 12 to 75mm.

Ben

05-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I didn't know you had the 28-75 Tammy. One of my all time favorite lenses. Got rid of my Canon 24-70 when I was with Canon after using the Tammy. Well if that is the case why not the Pentax 12-24. It is incredible right from wide open to f 16.0. That way you are covered pretty well from 12 to 75mm.

Ben
Ben,
Have you ever used the Tamron 17-35? If so, what is your impression?

Thanks,
Ken
05-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Well, I wouldn't shoot a wedding with primes, but then I wouldn't shoot a wedding period (too much stress).

However, Keisha over at DPReview shot an all-prime wedding and did a great job (as usual). I consider her very talented, so what I would see as a limitation is probably an opportunity to be creative to her. Here's her post with the pictures. I can only hope to be this good.

Keisha's all-prime wedding
05-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Truax_photo Quote
Thanks so far! I have a 50mm f2.0 Manual focus that I have played with, but I really want to have the AF. With the lense opened up, the DOF is so shallow that manual focus is a real pain! A question for you La Ree.... Sometimes I feel that my tamron 28-75 yields pictures that are just not quite right... I don't know quite how to explain it... I have the pentax 28-105 lense, and the 50mm 2.0, and to me, these both yield just a little bit more pleasing image...... Any thoughts?
The tamron 28-75 is an outstanding lens. Actually one of my best and I have a lot of lenses. If you have a feeling something just isn't right with it, it may be out of whack and need servicing. I've never heard anything but stellar reports from folks who own and use the tamron 28-75.

05-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #23

Original Poster
I think all of my photo posts on this site have been with the Tammy......Much of my wanting is probably unfounded lense envy! The Tammy is the best lense I have, and it seems that there are SOOOO many nice lenses out there to want......I am glad to spark such a lively and interactive posts in such a short time! Thanks and keep the discussion going!