Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Grid focusing screen @ K10d?

I had a grid focusing screen for my Mamiya MF camera, and found it really helpful. Does a similar thing exist for the K10d?

Anyone here with any user's experience maybe?

Any help will be welcomed!

Thanks

05-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

There are KayzEye screens available for the K10D ... they ca be pricey though ... but from what may users mention ... they are worth the $$$$$$ in the end.

I'd like to get one myself ... but later down the track though.
05-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you read through the Optional Accessories pages in the Appendix Section of your K10D manual, it lists out the optional focusing screens available for the K10D. The grid screen is the LL-80 AF Divided Matte.

This screen is useful for architectural subjects or landscapes where you want to have your horizons level. The grids offer a reference point for subject placement but can be intrusive for some subjects like macros and portraits in my opinion.
05-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #4

I installed the LL-80 in my K10D. I've put grid screens in virtually every camera I've ever owned and find them useful, both for architectural shooting, and for judging the relative size of objects in the frame. Sometimes you can be tricked into seeing an object as larger than it really is relative to the rest of the frame if it is bright, colourful, or your child for example.

(Slightly) off topic, but I'm using more MF lenses, and my eyes aren't what they used to be, so I sometimes find the matte screen a pain. I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering a Katz eye soon, and I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering it w/ grid lines.

05-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
I had a grid focusing screen for my Mamiya MF camera, and found it really helpful. Does a similar thing exist for the K10d?

Anyone here with any user's experience maybe?

Any help will be welcomed!

Thanks
The first accessory I order with a camera is an architectural grid screen. LL80 series for the K10D