Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The door is right over there. >..... close it on the way out please.
The discussion, however, may go on for some time.

Steve

02-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #137
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The discussion, however, may go on for some time.

Steve
There's no stopping that.... every time it seems someone learns something.... no matter what tac the discussion takes. Someone posts something someone else needed to know. Funny how that works, and often it has nothing to do with the OP or original direction of the thread.

Or as "Why I won't buy a K-3" has proved, ". "OP? we don't need an OP."
'
02-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Glad it helped

This one bugs me too and I think we're out of luck (I'd love to hear a fix on a k5 if I'm also missing something!). I dislike that it's such a long press to toggle between the two states (I've never hit the 'OK' button by accident) and I hate that I can't tell which of the two states I'm in without looking through the viewfinder (which I'm not doing if I'm using the arrows to change the WB or drive mode). I'd be happy if this state was displayed in the top lcd to keep me from changing the AF point when I'm trying to access the drive mode. I'd even settle for an option to forget this state when flicking the camera on/off so I could at least be sure which I'm in without having to use the viewfinder.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the k-5's layout, it pretty much stays out of my way. I haven't spent much time with other brands to compare. It's definitely better than the 'entry level' pentax bodies, and that may annoy those users but I think improved ergonomics and customization will always be a means to differentiate the more costly bodies.
I agree that I hate the "ok" button to switch between AF point selection and things I never use like white balance, jpeg rendering...
I use the braketing from time to time and flash, but the other 2, nevers.

I really would have liked to have separated buttons for that.