Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
This is not what I see.

Try NOT live View. On BOTH my K-5 and K-3, there is a 2 second delay, with mirror-up at the start, before EACH of the several bracketing exposures.
Just checked my K-5 as well - same as with my K-3 and same as what you see: Mirror up, 2 sec delay, exposure, mirror down and up, 2 sec delay, exposure, etc.

02-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
Pentaxian

@sdgreen, just wondering, you're doing this for HDR processing?
02-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #18

Original Poster
Yes, primarily manual blending with high contrast landscape scenes. I've tried this handheld & even a slight misalignment makes blending the horizon line much more difficult.
02-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
This is not what I see.

Try NOT live View. On BOTH my K-5 and K-3, there is a 2 second delay, with mirror-up at the start, before EACH of the several bracketing exposures.
Hi, thanks to all for the info about how to use mirror up bracketing with the self timer on K5. I previously didn't know about this. I wish manuals were clearer about it. I assume K3 works the same way.

It solves a problem I had with the K series. I think it's easier to operate than Nikon D7K's : that has a mechanical drive dial with a locking pin which I find awkward to use. Another advantage of Pentax's implementation is that this function can be programmed as a USER mode, which isn't possible with the Nikon.

Thanks again.

Last edited by sdgreen; 02-10-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Add words