Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Your postulate should be deemed worthy of consideration when Pentax full frame has been in circulation as long as that of Nikon from its launch until now. Most of Nikon's best FX lenses will work with DX cameras, so your critique is devoid of any substantial value. Most of Nikon's FX lenses have downward mobility, whereas many of Pentax's DA limited lenses do not have upward mobility: good luck with 15, 21, and 35 on a full frame.

BTW: it is utterly pointless to lambast competing brands on a forum dominated by myopic fanboys. Go criticise Nikon on a Nikon forum instead.
Perfectly all right by me, mate. Investigate the matter online and you will conclude as follows: people certainly disagree.

There are several factors:

(i) how shaky are your hands?
(ii) does your lens balance well?
(iii) do you perhaps have a camera with faulty SR?
(iv) are you a fanboy unwilling to admit the limitations to your system?
(v) have you actually bothered to carry out rigorous comparisons?

My point is that there is no clear-cut answer. I have carried out the mentioned experiment because I am considering buying into a second system without IBIS.

Worry not, life can be could good without SR as well; plenty of happy testimonies from Canikon users.
Nikon have a much wider line-up of cameras, including DX format with screwdrive. In other words: you have the option of downward mobility if that is what you want. Some people want it - others could not care less. Nikon cater to both. I don't see that as a weakness.
I will have to look up this intriguing definition of 'weakness' in the dictionary before I pursue this matter any further.
I'll see your myopic fanboy and raise you 2 jealous trolls.

Discussion is fine and opinion is personal. Arrogance is unseemly. Why don't you take this to a CaNikon blog where you can, as you recently put it, 'do some good'.

OWTH.

boriscleto'ed™

Last edited by monochrome; 02-07-2015 at 05:04 PM.
02-07-2015, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Remember everyone, no matter what happens, no matter what is released, no matter what...

02-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #63
Unregistered User

Dude, this is the 5th or 6th time that you are replying to me. Most people get the message after two failed attempts at interaction, whereas you clearly do not. I am not interested in your opinion. Thanks for your time.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'll see your myopic fanboy and raise you 2 jealous trolls.

Discussion is fine and opinion is personal. Arrogance is unseemly. Why don't you take this to a CaNikon blog where you can, as you recently put it, 'do some good'.

OWTH.

boriscleto'ed™
02-08-2015, 01:32 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Now that a Full Frame Pentax is in the near future, I wonder if there will be anymore top of the line ASP-C's coming from Pentax ?

Will the K-3 be the last of the line ?
Nope. No way. Crop factor is great with my lil' Bigma.

02-08-2015, 02:11 AM   #65
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Nope. No way. Crop factor is great with my lil' Bigma.
True.

And if Pentax is going to just copy the big two, why stay with the copy cat?

Anyway, how many of us are really going to buy the FF? There are constant complaints about the price of every new model already. What when the FF starts out $1k higher? Not unreasonable, I think.
02-08-2015, 02:31 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
True.

And if Pentax is going to just copy the big two, why stay with the copy cat?

Anyway, how many of us are really going to buy the FF? There are constant complaints about the price of every new model already. What when the FF starts out $1k higher? Not unreasonable, I think.
Agreed. Not a lot of benefit for that premium.

The FF will not be below 2000€ in France/Europe IMHO, and that's being optimistic ... That's enough cash to buy the new-to-come crop generation (and easily a K-3) plus a really nice lens. Go figure. Go do the math.
02-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Is there anything wrong with buying or putting a lens designed for FF on the APS-C (k-3) camera?
If there is then Im a BAD BAD Boy !
I do it all the time..Thats all I do....lol. Its called "LEGACY" Glass.....Its quickly catching on ! Since the announcement of FF there are more and more Pentaxians discovering this novel "New" idea ! !
Nothing like a good old fashion "NIKONIAN" Troll fight under the PENTAX Bridge ..........! Pretty soon one will start "explaining" and loose the fight .....!

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 02-08-2015 at 08:15 PM.
02-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
If there is then Im a BAD BAD Boy !
I do it all the time..Thats all I do....lol. Its called "LEGACY" Glass.....Its quickly catching on ! Since the announcement of FF there are more and more Pentaxians discovering this novel "New" idea ! !
Nothing like a good old fashion "NIKONIAN" Troll fight under the PENTAX Bridge ..........! Pretty soon one will start "explaining" and loose the fight .....!
That's why I am asking the question, I do it all the time.... with added advantage of reach while keeping the same DOF, using FF lens on APS-C enjoy the best of both worlds. Granted, sensor technology improvement on high ISO and dynamic range has made this possible.
02-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
That's why I am asking the question, I do it all the time.... with added advantage of reach while keeping the same DOF, using FF lens on APS-C enjoy the best of both worlds. Granted, sensor technology improvement on high ISO and dynamic range has made this possible.
Same here. I will be going with FF once it actually comes out and the price cools after a year or so. I still shoot actual FILM on a K1000 at times so its pointless for me to get any lens that isn't FF compatible.

There is tons of lenses out there that are going to double in price if not more when FF hits the Pentax Brand ! Im noticing a couple significant changes right now on "F" lenses....they are drying up REAL fast on Ebay for the desireable wider ones ! Someone with deep pockets is hoarding some soon to be very popular glass......the 17mm and 28mm "F" zooms are soaring in price very quickly as of last week for some strange reason ? The "F" glass overall is going higher rapidly.......and that reason has to be FF is now announced !
All these moderate zooms are now going to once again be used as they were designed and come back into HIGH demand for FF Legacy lens users.....just watch...its happening now already. "F" lenses are no slouches....they ARE the current sleepers of the Pentax line. Grab them while you still can at a moderate price.

There is just something special to me when I can grab a $5-$20 lens and make it shine on Digital.....love it.
BTW...your actually not gaining any reach at all....a 50mm is still a 50mm....it just looks different as the image is cropped on APS-C. You probably know that though already , just throwing that in the mix.
My K30 and K3 don't whine at all as far as what glass is on them , compared to some Buggars on here ! lol

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 02-09-2015 at 12:15 AM.