Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax Doomed™!!! Give your reasons why you think this is so.

You know it, I know it, everyone knows is. Pentax is Doomed™. Whether is is waiting to launch a full frame camera, or SDM, or lack of service, or expensive/the wrong lenses, or putting hociR on the back of a camera, we all have reasons why we think Pentax is doomed. Why not share the reason you think Pentax is doomed since I have seen plenty of threads lately where people are saying the same thing lately!

02-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Because the FF camera will now make my DA*300/4 a "true" 300mm lens !!
Because they have not yet announced a "floppy-mirror"-less K3II !
02-07-2015, 07:05 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax is Doomed™ started as a sarcastic retort to all the negativity posted about Pentax and Ricoh. Despite it's literal negative connotations it was/is in fact a positive comment. And yes that is convoluted but hey this is the internet. If you want things that make sense go read the "Why I won't buy a k-3" thread

I'm not sure who owns the copyright on Pentax is Doomed™ but I can see a steady income from hats & t-shirts. A badge of pride! Attending CP+? Make sure to wear your Pentax is Doomed™ hat

"I shot Pentax back when Pentax was Doomed™", "I shot Pentax when Pentax is Doomed™, was the most positive comment made about it", "I shot Pentax back before Pentax was Doomed™" for the real old timers.

I think Pentax is Doomed™ to success!
02-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
You know it, I know it, everyone knows is. Pentax is Doomed™. Whether is is waiting to launch a full frame camera, or SDM, or lack of service, or expensive/the wrong lenses, or putting hociR on the back of a camera, we all have reasons why we think Pentax is doomed. Why not share the reason you think Pentax is doomed since I have seen plenty of threads lately where people are saying the same thing lately!

speak for yourself ...

02-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
If you want things that make sense go read the "Why I won't buy a k-3" thread
Ohh I've been all over in there!
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

This Pentax is doomed...thing is tiresome and old. Time to give it a rest.
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I could be wrong, but I think Monochrome trademarked PentaxIsDoomed™ about the time that BorisCleto trademarked BorisCletoed™.

Don't forget the ironic hipster "I thought Pentax Was Doomed before it was cool" T-shirts!

(While I avoid saying PiD™ these days, I find it less tiresome than the self-brand-bashing that inspired it.)

02-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I could be wrong, but I think Monochrome trademarked PentaxIsDoomed™ about the time that BorisCleto trademarked BorisCletoed™.

Don't forget the ironic hipster "I thought Pentax Was Doomed before it was cool" T-shirts!

(While I avoid saying PiD™ these days, I find it less tiresome than the self-brand-bashing that inspired it.)
I got to see Monochrome do that to someone tonight!

Personally I want all the people that seem to truly think Pentax is doomed to sell me some of their lenses at a discount since they wont be needed much longer do to the doomage! Ohh but how I'd like a 250-600....
02-07-2015, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
"I thought Pentax Was Doomed before it was cool" T-shirts!
+1 that's the spirit. I think we could come up with a bunch of those. "Pentax 645z: don't mess with Doomed™"
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
+1 that's the spirit. I think we could come up with a bunch of those. "Pentax 645z: don't mess with Doomed™"
Ohh I could get behind some Pentax 645z doom! In fact if I had one I would name it Doom!
02-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
how I'd like a 250-600....
Well since we are starting a list:
FA 20-35 f/4
F 600 f/4
F 250-600 f/5.6
31, 43, & 77

So if you feel Pentax is Doomed™ feel free to PM me regarding help with excess gear.
02-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #12
Site Supporter

Original Poster
But I asked for it first! I'll even pay postage.
02-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Because no matter how much equipment I buy my photos still suck! It's all Pentax's fault!! Waaaaaaa!!!!
02-07-2015, 08:20 PM - 4 Likes   #14

I've made a t-shirt because, thanks to the internet, it takes three minutes and requires no skill, tact, effort or knowledge of international copyright laws whatsoever.
You like?
Attached Images

02-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want mine in black !!