Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #31
osv
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
what kind of recycle is he getting with the 1/32 power he's using now? recycle times with hss all depend on the shutter speed that's used... i shoot hss 100% of the time at the track, in daylight, as fill flash, one set of batteries can last all day... which is good, because too much flash will blow out the exposure on the ice, he did a good job of avoiding that.

with my sony system i can combine hss with the same 1/32 manual power setting that he's using now, which is a combo of settings that i was never able to figure out with the k10d/540fgz/500 dg flashes... can you use manual power settings with hss on the pentax system?

the point is that you want to experiment with combining techniques for this kind of a shoot... look at the first pic on the starting line, there is a lot of blur on the bike with the biggest wheelie, because it's moving at a different speed than the other bikes... you can't pan to match multiple speeds all at once, so it's a fast shutter hss flash situation.

same thing shooting across the track, into the corner... you can't pan a camera when the object is moving towards you, and freezing fast action at 180th shutter is a gamble... flip side is that slow shutter will give you tire spin, which is awesome in some of those pics.

there is a lot to think about with that kind of a shoot.

02-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you did all that at 180th

Well done!