Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
^^^^^ What he said. The original Pentax adapter works flawlessly. All of the issues you read about are from cheaper ebay ones.
By flawlessly, do you mean in M mode with an external light meter? Or are you saying you have a Pentax DSLR that meters accurately (with the optical viewfinder used, i.e. not in Live View) with M42 lenses on the official adapter?

02-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Box? Never seen that one so don't know. Mine came in a small green plastic sleeve as seen in the photos by i-trax; I bought it in January 2010.
Mine is older I think. Old style graphics - there is a picture of the adapter in this thread, it is the second one shown. I'll take and post a picture of the box later today.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/177-macro-photography/285041-lightweight-macro.html
02-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Barker Quote
By flawlessly, do you mean in M mode with an external light meter? Or are you saying you have a Pentax DSLR that meters accurately (with the optical viewfinder used, i.e. not in Live View) with M42 lenses on the official adapter?
Who said anything about metering? This thread is discussing mounting the lens. The adapter has no effect on the metering, it is a small piece of metal that connects the lens to the camera.
02-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Barker Quote
I suspect he means it doesn't get stuck.

---------- Post added 02-12-15 at 11:23 AM ----------

Here is a picture of my adapter and the box it came in.

02-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I have two original Pentax M42-K adapters, which I rarely use. I mounted cheap adapters on each M42 lens, of course after I removed the spring. I recently bought a black M42-K adapter without spring from factory (double price compared to cheapest adapters). I had no problems so far, not fell any lens with these permanent cheap adapters on the lens. The main problem, for me, is the alignment marks (aperture, focus) on the lens. For cheap adapters, each has a different alignment, they are not two similar. For one the the lens inscriptions are offset by about 180 degrees!. Original adapters allow correct alignment, but for me it is uncomfortable changing lenses in this way. Too long 5 seconds , I exchange bayonet lenses in 0.5 seconds
02-15-2015, 04:07 AM   #21

GMC Admiral 1.8/135mm and CZJ Sonnar 2.8/200mm on K-3

Here you see K-3 body with RRS BK3-L Arca-compatible L-bracket with two quite rare piece of glass:
i) GMC Auto Admiral Lens 1.8/135mm;
ii) Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2.8/200mm.
The above GMC Admiral lens is a piece of junk (at least wide open f=1.8), while CZJ Sonnar is a marvel when f=2.8 wide open.
I do have three different M42/Pentax adapters, one with a flange (the most robust one) and two pcs with infinity focussing, but both tof he latter (one of them is Roxsen recommended on this forum, I do not recommend Roxsen, as you may loose your M42 glass during focusing) are not good enough in use, difficult to fix or very difficult to remove, or rotating when screwing/unsrewing the lens or unexpectedly loosing from the camera body with the risk of lens disaster, so I'll start the haunt for Asahi Adapter B.
I'll post some trial shots with the above glass when you tell me how to remove copyright info (my personal credentials, which I'm not going to post) from DNG Exif data.
Attached Images

Last edited by Prakticant; 02-15-2015 at 09:38 AM.
02-15-2015, 06:29 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To remove exif is easy, quite a few editors strip it. Pixlr touch up is one that removes it. Alternately shoot a few shots without the copywrite turned on.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 02-15-2015 at 06:37 AM.
02-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Prakticant Quote
so I'll start the haunt for Asahi Adapter B.
When searching be sure to search for Pentax Adapter K, only a few sellers ever called it Adapter B. Also search for mis-named adapters. I bought one for less than $20 because it was listed as Ashai instead of Asahi.
02-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #24

Yes, thank you, I meant removing just copyright fields (by editing Exif), not removing Exif entirely.
I'll try to put lens name and lens parameters (i.e. F-stop) in the Exif copyright fields, but it's time consuming

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Pixlr touch up is one that removes it. Alternately shoot a few shots without the copywrite turned on.
02-15-2015, 07:33 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I have the original pentax adapter and a bunch of cheap after market ones. Like others say..the Pentax one works fine..the others it hit or miss.Most of them Work better when I have removed that spring clip. At $2-3 on ebay,the cheap adapters are worth it just to get the tool which I find works great on the original adapter.
al
02-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
When searching be sure to search for Pentax Adapter K, only a few sellers ever called it Adapter B.
Actually searching on Pentax Adapter B or by the part number Pentax 30120 can sometimes turn up sellers that have new old stock. Adorama has it listed as Adapter B
02-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #27

Photos: Gallery
I have an asahi pentax adapter. At first when mounting it, it would remain in the camera mount (as intended) due to the spring fixing it in place. I broke the spring (bent it and it came right off) and now it comes right off, like dismounting any other lens. Works like a charm.
02-27-2015, 06:27 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a K3 and use M42 lens. Buy the genuine Pentax adapter and you will have no problems. I can mount the adapter on my K3 in a few seconds. You just need something with a point to remove it. A ballpoint pen works fine. Avoid third party ones completely. B&H sells one for $45.