Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by simon_199 Quote
Quick video i found that shows the K-S2 in action

Very hard to judge the shutter sound level with the backround sound and no comparison...but doesn't it seem different from the "click" of the K-S1 ?

PENTAX K-S2 Shutter speed @CP+2015 - YouTube
The K-S1 shutter sound is almost identical to the K-30/50/500, both in volume and character. I wouldn't be surprised if the K-S2 has the same "loud" shutter as the K-50 (actually, I'd be more surprised if it didn't.)

02-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Yes of course from that video without a reference point it's hard to guess if it's the same as the K-S1 or not.

Unrelated but interesting is a response i heared in the interview on the homepage. When asked about future plans to improve the SAFOX af module, they answered that "AF performance with K-S2 have been improved, we are improving speed more and more".

I wonder if they are just referring to an increase in performance going from SAFOX IX+ that was on the K-50 and K-S1 to X or if there are other improvements. Perhaps on the "software" side of things...