Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was sure that video AF would be excellent - until I tried it The NX300 autofocuses a lot when it's not necessary; a simple reframing of the scene (point just a smidge lower or higher) and AF is off again, improving things. Perhaps I can find a better AF mode that is less resistant to "perpetual AF" but in the meantime I'm feeling better about manual focus with my video.

Let me admit though - I use video a lot less than I expected to, with Pentax or Samsung gear.

06-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
I'm suffering through doing a film colour grade in Premiere at the moment (because that's what someone else edited it on,..), I can tell you that the Rolling Shutter Correction filter has be included in Edius since V7.01, which is about a year or so old, and certainly there in the v7.5 trial I'm testing.
I haven't looked for it in the temporary install of Prem CS6 that's on my editing PC at the moment.
Guys I work with have used it on crApple Mac apps.
I'm tempted to see how well the Edius one works - I usually shoot around the skew, rather then having to fix it in post. Think I've got just the piece of K-01 vs BMPCC footage to use.
I hope you'll have a moment to share your experience with CS6 after the cut is completed.
06-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I can tell you right now, it's still shite.

FFS, can't even keyframe the luma curves!