Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

HELP! how do you break the link?

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but I uploaded photos to flickr and I shared them on a message board, big mistake someone doing crap to them, I wont get into details but is there anyway to delete the photos? I tried deleting them from flickr but that didn't work because broke the original link by editing the photos...is there any other way?

06-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
If they've copied the image and hosted it on their site then there is not much that you can do.
06-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by momtographer Quote
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but I uploaded photos to flickr and I shared them on a message board, big mistake someone doing crap to them, I wont get into details but is there anyway to delete the photos? I tried deleting them from flickr but that didn't work because broke the original link by editing the photos...is there any other way?
I think maybe a post to the Flickr site management complaining might get the offender removed from the forum, but I don't know about getting your pictures "back".
06-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #4

Right-click one of the pictures and go to Properties to see where it's really being loaded from. Other than contacting a mod at the forum they're posted on, you can't do anything.

"You can't take something off the internet. That's like trying to take the pee out of a pool." -Joe Rogan

06-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Do you mean someone is actually leaving rude comments on it? Or is your account compromised in some way and they're editing the actual photos on your flicker page?

If it's comments, either disable comments or make your gallery private.

If it's editing the actual photo on your flicker page, log in and change your password completely, then report the user to Flicker.
06-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
he did this to my daughters photo after I posted it in a message board on myspace

He said she had scary eyes and was she a werewolf or vampire

I uploaded the photo to flickr but linked it to myspace...does that make sense?
06-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The image you posted above is hosted on imageshack. You may be able to complain to the hosting company that you hold the copyright to the photo and that it has been "stolen" from you.

Depending on what license you uploaded the photo to Flickr under, it is possible that others may be able to legally modify your photos. There is an explanation of the different licensing options on flickr (if you haven't seen it). In flickr look under (your account/privacy&permissions/defaults for new uploads/what license will your content have/edit) too see what your current settings are and change them if needed.

Unfortunately one of the problems with the freedom provided by the internet is that it is difficult to keep people from taking your content if they are really determined to. I have several friends who have had trouble with their copyrighted photos being stolen for both "lolcats" and commercial purposes.

06-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
yeah since he loaded it to imageshak theres nothing I can do to take it from him this is what he said to me after I blew up at him about doing that to her photo

"your pics, since you posted them yourself, are public domain and thus protected under Parody Laws. not everyone thinks babies are cute... yours would be if not for demonic eyes so suck it."

well since there nothing I can do I figured I may as well spread the love

06-02-2008, 04:06 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by momtographer Quote
"your pics, since you posted them yourself, are public domain and thus protected under Parody Laws. not everyone thinks babies are cute... yours would be if not for demonic eyes so suck it."
Well, he's wrong about the public domain part, but the other stuff I think is true.
06-02-2008, 04:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joefru Quote
Well, he's wrong about the public domain part, but the other stuff I think is true.
Depends on what you sign when you register. Could very well be that she signed the rights to do it. Just like Facebook "trick" people, according to some people that never read what they sign.

But basically, when you decide to put images on the web, you should be aware that it will never ever ever and ever again disappear. And every tiny bit of information you put available on the net, can and most likely will be used in some form. Not only that, but you will at most time never get right in the matter, because there are so many different laws and rules over the globe that can be avoided or misused.

Basically, keep your life to yourself if you don't want it seen. Unfortunally.

Edit: Funny part is that looking at those two pictures on the eyes only, it could have been the same person. ;D

Edit2: I assume the guy is a yank? Yankies tend to believe that their laws is universal by the way.
06-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Hi momtographer

Sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. Once the internet 'genie' was allowed to escape from the bottle into the public domain, the original naive innocence of the web designers has long-since descended into millions of extremely twisted and undesirable places that could probably never have even been envisaged by the originator of the internet, Sir Tim Berners-Lee. The truth of the matter is that sadly there are more sickos out there than we'd care to admit, so please take great care in future concerning what you place on the internet, in order to avoid a similar thing from happening again.

Kindest regards
Richard
06-02-2008, 05:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zewrak Quote
Edit2: I assume the guy is a yank? Yankies tend to believe that their laws is universal by the way.
Gratuitous broadbrush insults based on nationality are about what I would expect from a Swede. (Get the point?)

The only trouble I have ever had over something like this involved an Aussie, but I'm not stupid enough to generalize it to being a national trait of Australians.
06-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Gratuitous broadbrush insults based on nationality are about what I would expect from a Swede. (Get the point?)

The only trouble I have ever had over something like this involved an Aussie, but I'm not stupid enough to generalize it to being a national trait of Australians.
Ah, but I did not say damyankee did I now? As far as I know, only the people supporting the southern in the US Civil war would take it as an insult to be called a yankee. After all the winning side, the northern did call themselves Yankees and even used the song Yankee Doodle as a marching song.

I know the english also used the term Yankee about the, oh how should I type it so that I do not offend anyone, The fighting citizens of the United states of America. Just because that was what they were, the fighting men, both on the pubs and the battlefields.

So basically, if I have offended any southern slave supporting citizen of the united states of america by calling them a non slave supporting citizen of the united states of america, I hereby declare, I have no intention to apology to anyone that supports the cause of the southern states of america in the civil war of the united states of america. Because frankly, I can't respect anyone that supports a war for the right to own slaves.

And if you are a Northern citizen of the united states of america and find yourself offended by me calling you a yankee, consider why you are offended of a word that your forefathers used on themselves when they fought the evil of britain and the evil of the southern states. How would they feel if you are ashamed of their glorious deeds?

Good day to yous, yankees and non-yankee citizens of the United States of America.
06-02-2008, 05:53 AM   #14

Hi momtographer,
I would not worry about it too much. Copyright has not been breeched if he downloaded for his own use...IE on his computer, and his edited photo was a forum reply to the original you posted. Probably more of a shock factor to you that he did that to your daughters photo.
I am sure next time he cleans up his files at imageshack he will delete it.
I take it his reply was in the same forum as your post. If it was another forum or topic, then he was a bit out of line. If it bothers you a message to him direct explaining your feelings on that very personal photo may be all that is needed.
06-02-2008, 06:03 AM   #15
Veteran Member

thats nothing

i once had my face photoshoped onto a gay orgy photo and had that circle a message board

talk about angry!