Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #16

Original Poster
You are absolutely right. It does not make sense for most of the pentax user.

However, I have plenty of Fujinon glasses from years of LBA and a spare DS body, which cost close to nothing these days. The 16mm, 24mm 28mm(3), 50/1.4(2), 55/1.8(4), 55/3.5 macro(2), 85mm soft, 100mm, 135/2.5 (2), 135/3.5, 200/4.5 and other 3 zooms worth collectively over a thousand. I would like to keep them in original condition as possible. If I can not find matching aperture ring without the ping to replace the ring with ping (considering temp alteration), it make sense for me to alter the camera to fit the Fujinons. The altered DSLR should also works for other tens of m42 lens I own, making it a M42 dedicated camera, except very odd Mamiya SX lenses.

I am also looking for 19mm and 35mm/1.9 or 2.8. Let me know if you have one and I would like to make a reasonable offer. I don't mind have another 16mm too. The one I have is not perfect enough cosmetically.

If anyone would like to take on the project to make a m42 DSLR comparable to Fujica or even Mamiya SX lenses, I would like to provide all my support.

06-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
Here is a site that lists the registration distances (lens mount to film/sensor plane) for various systems.

mounts.htm

Canon EOS = 44mm
M42 screwmount = 45.46mm
Pentax K-mount = 45.46mm

Note that the M42/K-mount camera bodies are 1.46mm thicker than Canon EOS bodies. That means that the Canon to M42 adapter can have a flange that sits between the lens and the camera. There is something to cut a hole in to allow for that extra pin.

On a K-mount body, the adapter must fit flush (completely within the lens mount opening), if the lens is to focus at infinity. There are cheap adapters that have such a flange, but, as expected, these adapters will not allow the lens to focus to infinity. If you only wanted to use your lenses for macro or portrait work, one of those adapters might work.

For complete functionality, you are either going to have to remove the pin or modify the camera body mounting flange. Neither sounds like a great idea to me.

Paul Noble
I mean Paul is very right.