Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #31
Veteran Member

My issue was with Ni-Mhs. Depending on brand, they can lose a bit of voltage early on, and give a reading of near-depletion. They would show strong on the meter and be just fine in other applications. As for alkalines, they wouldn't work well except if you needed to go with them for emergency use - and get a small number of shots out of a set.

I think having the spare AA Lithiums is a good way to go, and I would go that route especially if traveling. They are good for many years, and will give you long life in use. So, having them for emergency use is a good idea. That was my main reason for having the generic adapter.

03-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #32
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lagom Quote
Does anyone have suggestions on where I can find a good guide or series of lessons.
+1 on the Mike Brown videos.
Cambridge in Colour - Photography Tutorials & Learning Community has some of the best online material I've found - especially on macro shooting
start at your public library and browse through the books from Bryan Peterson (understanding exposure), Tom Ang, Scott Kelby or other big names. Find one that works for your learning style.
03-17-2015, 06:08 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Adorama TV has videos on just about any type of photography
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Pksdbj37CdE00kmE7Z1dw

Click on" playlists" for a more itemized selection.

Plus take time to watch this one