Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #1

K20D - Slow review, Card Access Light on

When I've taken a shot and hit Review button (blue arrow bottom left) the Card access light blinks for about 3-4 seconds then stops when picture shows on LCD. On the K10D the review was virtually instant and no blinking light. Can't find it in the manual. Anyone know what's going on?

03-05-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of questions/suggestions:

Shooting RAW with the K20D vs. JPG with the K10D?

Slow shutter speed noise reduction?

Has the card been formatted recently - it could be fragmented?
03-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Gallagher Quote
When I've taken a shot and hit Review button (blue arrow bottom left) the Card access light blinks for about 3-4 seconds then stops when picture shows on LCD. On the K10D the review was virtually instant and no blinking light. Can't find it in the manual. Anyone know what's going on?
Are you using a slow card- i.e. class 2, 4, or 6? You should be using a class 10 card for best results.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
A couple of questions/suggestions:

Shooting RAW with the K20D vs. JPG with the K10D?

Slow shutter speed noise reduction?

Has the card been formatted recently - it could be fragmented?
Mike is not talking about instant review, so I doubt the first two points apply. Unless he has disabled instant review (possible?) and presses the play (blue) button immediately after taking the shot.

03-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
Ole, Adam & sterretje - SOLVED
Thanks for leaping in. Not sure what happened but it works now. I don't have the K10D as I think the techies are using it for a door stopper or something now. They sent me the new K20D. So I couldn't do a comparison. Never mind.
In order to answer your questions I'm using an 8Gb Sandisk C10 card. I shot photos on JPEG 14.6Mpixels and RawDNG without any change. Then I shot on Raw+ and it worked properly - review showed very quicly and the card light stayed on for about 4-5 seconds. (I can only suspect what that's about for now - any info?) Then I shot on JPEG High 3 star & 4 star and those settings all worked fine too. On checking then I found the Instant Review was set to Histogram which caused a mild annoyance but that was easy to change and Review time was on 5 secs so that shouldn't have caused the "fault."
It'd be interesting to know what that Card Access light means and is for. I can't find any reference to it except in the Camera Parts diagram.
Thanks again. You at least made me explore the right places.
Mike.