Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-3 frozen AF when AF confirm light lit

Been wondering if I have a defective K-3, and finally have the symptom down. If I autofocus with shutter button half-press on an object the AF-confirm hexagon lights up in the viewfinder. While that light is lit, like 2-3 seconds after AF lock, the camera will NOT autofocus again using the shutter button half-press until that light goes out. It's also true that my camera autofocuses before I even press the button. I bring the camera up to my eye and voila! It focuses.

I believe my camera is defective or possessed.

Anyone else experience this symptom? I'd like someone to verify they can autofocus on a different object while the green hexagon is lit. I can't.

---------- Post added 03-06-15 at 09:43 AM ----------

Did a bit of manual reading. I wonder if this is something related to custom setting 18, AF Hold Status.

03-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
It's also true that my camera autofocuses before I even press the button
Do you have the AF Lock button set to AF-ON?
03-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Did a bit of manual reading. I wonder if this is something related to custom setting 18, AF Hold Status.
Did the issue resolve if you changed this setting to the default (off)?

Steve