Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #1

Strange K10D + Pentax 18-250 behavior

Hi Everyone,

I notice some really strange behavior on my K10d recently, and I was wondering if any of you have seen something similar.

Last week I was in NYC, and I decided to take a few pictures on top of Rockefeller tower. For those who have not been there before, there are these huge panes of glass (about an inch thick) to keep you from falling/jumping over the sides. In between each pane, there was a gap just large enough for me to fit my lens through to take pictures w/out having to worry about reflections.

I was able to get a few shots off before my camera just refused to work when placed inside gap between the panes. The indicator in the view finder would switch to manual (I had it set to P and Autofocus), and the metering gave a totally bogus reading. It would refuse to focus and wanted to set the exposure time to 30s. I tried turning on/off the camera as well as removing the battery, but it didn't help. The camera worked fine if I moved it away from the glass and it's been working perfectly fine since, but I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get more shots off at top of Rockefeller tower.

Has any of you ever experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

06-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does the 18-250 have a switch for MF/AF on it? You might have bumped it against the sides. Another thing to try is to unlatch and relatch the lens to ensure that the contacts are clean.