Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
The Pentax grip has a few neat features like holding the camera plug so you don't end up losing it, as well as a storage space for a remote. I wish they would have made it to hold two batteries though.
Wow you must go through batteries fast! 2 batteries in the grip would be 3 total. I don't even use the in-camera battery any more, but my shutter count may be lower than yours.

06-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I feel that the K20D grip is a bit light so that the body is heavier on the top than the bottom, no matter a Lithium battery is inserted or not.

Nonetheless, I agree with you that the ergonomics are nice, overall speaking.
Spoken like someone who has no real experience with the setup. Oh, that's right, you DON'T!

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Wow you must go through batteries fast! 2 batteries in the grip would be 3 total. I don't even use the in-camera battery any more, but my shutter count may be lower than yours.
I think he meant 2 in the grip instead of one in the grip and one in the body, so you wouldn't have to take the grip off to recharge that one.
06-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I feel that the K20D grip is a bit light so that the body is heavier on the top than the bottom, no matter a Lithium battery is inserted or not.

Nonetheless, I agree with you that the ergonomics are nice, overall speaking.
Err you can always put a remote in the grip too, not to mention an SD card lead shim for extra weight...
06-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
There is also the FBH-P2 grip that has two shutter buttons.

Ownuser FBH-P2 Battery Grip for Pentax K100D- by Enjoyyourcamera.com

This guy has one and gave an informative review:

Ownuser Battery Grip Review

06-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
I think he meant 2 in the grip instead of one in the grip and one in the body, so you wouldn't have to take the grip off to recharge that one.
Yup - it would be nice to be able to leave the grip in place. Of course while I'm dreaming, I would also want to be able to select which grip battery was used first with a warning when it was low.
06-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #21

I just got the grip today and it feels so much better. Before I feel like something is missing as my fingers (ring and pinky) has nothing to hold on and the grip provide that space for my fingers. The grip made the camera so much more balanced for me. There's definitely less camera shake and oh so much more comfortable. It jus feel RIGHT.
06-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #22

I have grips for both my *istD and K10D as i love to use the Portrait format on any subject, other than Portraits bizzarly, and find that the grips make both cameras much more comfortable and easy to use.

I just keep batteries in the grip unless I am going on a long trip. I do wish the K10/20 grip would take AA's as well though.

Bill

06-12-2008, 03:49 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Hi all

Why is the ergonomic grip design on the K10D/20D so clearly RIGHT, but so evidently WRONG with competing models from other manufacturers ? The reason I ask is that I recently visited a camera store, primarily in order to purchase a Metz 48-AF1 flashgun. Purely by chance, I happened to notice a forlorn looking N***n D300 sitting all by itself in a display cabinet. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I thought, so I asked if I could try holding it for a while. My immediate reaction was EEUCHH ! It felt truly awful by comparison with my K10D and I handed it straight back to the sales assistant, with a disapproving expression. The D300 seemed pretty insubstantial and the overall balance was terrible. No offence, but I'm afraid in the case of the D300, it was simply a matter of "No way, Hosé" !!!

Best regards
Richard
06-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Plus the added fact that the grip also store the remote and spare sd card just goes to show the engineers worked out details when designing

cheers
06-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I was forced to go gripless this weekend, and let me tell you...BLEH!! I know the K10D can feel good all on it's own, as I did try it out for a while without the grip when I first got it. But having had it on there 99% of the time over the last year has made it so that I don't think I'll ever shoot without it again.
06-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Yea Grip!

Bought the Grip for the K20D a couple weeks ago on a whim. Wasn't sure at first about the extra girth and weight. But after my first shoot with it, I noticed a much steadier hold on the camera, made everything more stable for me, and seemed to enhance the SR in my experience... So will keep it on and use it, if nothing else than for that reason alone. My in-focus keepers while handheld has gone way up.... (disclaimer is that my carpal tunnel on my right wrist seems to be causing my right hand to be a bit shakier as the years go by, so perhaps the extra weight buffers the the slight shakiness)

Of course shooting vertical was never easier as well