Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-31-2015, 09:14 PM   #1

Pentax/Ricoh Canada: Fast warranty repair!

My K-50 ended up developing a small mirror flop a few months ago, and it progressively developed worse and worse; even after the aperture lever trick it would flop again 3 shots later. I ended up bringing my camera back to the store I bought it from to have the aperture lever replaced (from what I understand, is the primary cause of mirror flop on the K-50s). I was fully expecting a 4-6 week return time, so I timed the repair to not coincide with any photography needs... I sent the body with full description of what was wrong, and dropped it off on March 12th.

I had the call come in last week that the camera was back; on March 26th. Two weeks! Picked it up on monday, and reset all my settings (I mainly use M lenses, had to tweak everything to work!). To my surprise, they also cleaned it completely! I had replaced my focusing screen a while ago (S-Type to work with my fast lenses) and tons of dust got trapped up there. I had resigned myself to living with a dusty screen but to my great surprise it was crystal clear when I got it back.

Very Very happy with Pentax Canada, and thank you guys for the super fast turn around!

03-31-2015, 10:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Surnia Quote
My K-50 ended up developing a small mirror flop a few months ago, and it progressively developed worse and worse; even after the aperture lever trick it would flop again 3 shots later. I ended up bringing my camera back to the store I bought it from to have the aperture lever replaced (from what I understand, is the primary cause of mirror flop on the K-50s). I was fully expecting a 4-6 week return time, so I timed the repair to not coincide with any photography needs... I sent the body with full description of what was wrong, and dropped it off on March 12th.

I had the call come in last week that the camera was back; on March 26th. Two weeks! Picked it up on monday, and reset all my settings (I mainly use M lenses, had to tweak everything to work!). To my surprise, they also cleaned it completely! I had replaced my focusing screen a while ago (S-Type to work with my fast lenses) and tons of dust got trapped up there. I had resigned myself to living with a dusty screen but to my great surprise it was crystal clear when I got it back.

Very Very happy with Pentax Canada, and thank you guys for the super fast turn around!
Happy for you that Pentax Canada did a great for warranty repair work... I also had pleasant experience with their support work before....
04-01-2015, 04:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had to send my K-30 in there as well. I am totally happy with the turn around time and the work done.
04-01-2015, 05:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Surnia Quote
Pentax Canada contracts warranty work to Sun Camera Service in Vaughan, Ontario.

04-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Pentax Canada contracts warranty work to Sun Camera Service in Vaughan, Ontario.
In which case, makes it very cool (semi local, woo!). Its nice to see such a fast turn around time though!