Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2015, 07:06 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I use Pentax lenses on a Sony NEX-6 and it does all the things you're asking for plus more. I get auto-ISO and intelligent flash metering, both of which are sorely lacking on the K-x I use (and lacking on all other Pentax bodies to my knowledge). It seems that if you're using a K/M lens. I'd greatly appreciate the ability to have auto-ISO in M mode, although frankly I probably wouldn't use it as much. I'd be very VERY happy to have better flash metering, though.

07-02-2015, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
What would been the technical problem with programing it to adjust the ISO instead?
I see what you mean, an option for ISO shift along with the existing Tv and Av shift for green button programming. Good idea, though I am not sure how the program line would be defined for that case for other than stop-down metering. (Auto-ISO is currently strictly unavailable in M mode* even with A-contact lenses, probably for that reason.)

Steve

* I know, some bodies fail-over to TAv for that case, but that is not the same as green button metering in M mode

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-02-2015 at 07:42 AM.
07-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by r1ch13 Quote
I understand what you are saying - but if you think about it, do you reckon it really needs to have the the Aperture dialed in through the body? Like why can't it just read the amount of light coming in through the lens like it does in Av mode (we already know this works with our old manual lenses stepped down). And then combine that reading with the Shutter Speed we select - to work out the ISO for correct exposure.
This is exactly what I'm saying. Inside my K5ii it is able to adjust one corner of the exposure triangle without being able to read the aperture ring, why not another one?

QuoteOriginally posted by r1ch13 Quote
I hope Pentax is listening ;-)
Me too!
07-02-2015, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Well, I use Pentax lenses on a Sony NEX-6 and it does all the things you're asking for plus more. I get auto-ISO and intelligent flash metering, both of which are sorely lacking on the K-x I use (and lacking on all other Pentax bodies to my knowledge). It seems that if you're using a K/M lens. I'd greatly appreciate the ability to have auto-ISO in M mode, although frankly I probably wouldn't use it as much. I'd be very VERY happy to have better flash metering, though.
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Those Sony bodies are cool, they've got it figured out with the exposure. My mate has an A6000 and I like how you can see the actual exposure you are getting through the LCD and EVF. Agree with you too on the Flash metering.

I like your Flickr - by the way