Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

From cam to phone

I am wondering what's the best way to wireless transfer pics from my K3 to my iPhone? Is the Flucard a decent option? Would it work for my k5IIs or my k-01 too? I heard about another type of card that transfers wireless too but can't recal the name of it. Do either of these cards allow for hi write speeds such as capturing sports or BIF multi burst?

04-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there is the eye-fi cards, especially the mobi type cards should do the trick, i have it for my q.
04-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eye-Fi is the SD card I use with my Q7 system. Works reasonably well but only with jpeg images not raw files. As far as speed goes, neither of them work quickly and I've never tried burst images with either my Flucard on my K3 or the Eye-Fi card. I doubt they do it. Frankly the Flucard is not that great. Oh, it works but it's flukey. I like the eye-fi card better for doing just transferring to my cell phone. YMMV
04-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Eye fi. Yes that's the other one I was trying to remember

04-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

checked Eye-Fi website seems they have a newer version called Mobi Pro, might give it a try.
04-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jayman_1975 Quote
I am wondering what's the best way to wireless transfer pics from my K3 to my iPhone? Is the Flucard a decent option? Would it work for my k5IIs or my k-01 too? I heard about another type of card that transfers wireless too but can't recal the name of it. Do either of these cards allow for hi write speeds such as capturing sports or BIF multi burst?
Use the Eye-Fi card in slot two, using the "transfer image" icon found under the image development selections. You might want to resize the image in the camera first if you do not need a large file in your phone. The FLU card is better suited to controlling the camera for taking photos remotely -- I find it balky at sending an image to my phone. If you have bought neither card yet, and do not need to control the camera from afar with your phone, I recommend the much cheaper Eye-Fi card method, if all you want to do is transfer the images to the phone. Incidentally, an Eye-Fi card formatted for the Q7 can be used in K-3's slot 2 for these image transfers without having to be reformatted in the K-3.

No, the FLU card will not work in the K-5IIs or the K-01 -- the card slot must be able to read the wi-fi cards, and those older card slots do not work.
04-09-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok perfect. The eye fi card will be what I need then. I have a IR remote to trigger shutter if I ever need so I won't be needing the Flucard. Excellent, thanks so much.

---------- Post added 04-09-15 at 09:32 AM ----------

Does the eye fi card work in other cams than the K3?

04-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Eye-Fi works in K-3, K-50, Q7 and Q-S1, at least, and maybe the K-S1. Others claim it works in the K-30 (and maybe more), but the K-30 has no "transfer image" command in the development selections, so I do not know how that works and have not tested it. I also have not checked Eye-Fi in the K-S2 but of course don't need to because the K-S2's onboard wi-fi with the Image Sync app now works nicely for both camera control (shooting) and image transfer.
04-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Or take the low tech approach (assuming your phone supports acting as mass storage)...Transfer from SD card to computer using card reader or USB and from computer to phone using USB or whatever appropriate cable.

Steve
04-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm wanting to transfer images out on the fly to my iphone
04-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yes. The K-S1, K-30, and K-50 support Eye-Fi. I don't believe that your K-5IIs is compatible.

Steve
04-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On my Android phone If I need to transfer images on the fly, I go super low tech and its much faster and more reliable than all the wireless options, its simply a card reader that plugs into the
micro usb on my phone.
Glenn
04-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
On my Android phone If I need to transfer images on the fly, I go super low tech and its much faster and more reliable than all the wireless options, its simply a card reader that plugs into the
micro usb on my phone.
Glenn
That works on my IPad but won't work on the iPhone