Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
For what it's worth, the same effect (turning on backlighting for the back LCD display) occurs when the "Button Customisation | AF Button" is set to "AF2" ("back button focus"). Except now lifting my finger OFF either the shutter release, or the AF will turn on the LCD backlight.

Strangely, many of the other buttons, which case use of the LCD, will cancel the backlight. This includes (re-)play, live view, movie, info, menu, and the 4-way pad (when not moving the focus point).

Twirling the mode dial, and using the optical DoF preview also will cancel the backlight.

I'll put up with this annoying behaviour for a week or so, at most.

04-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I updated my firmware yesterday and my K3 isn't displaying any of the bugs reported here. Firmware 1:20 downloaded from Ricoh Japan.
Power on and the LCD lights-up, touch either the shutter release or AF button and the LCD turns off.
Could this bug be dependant on camera settings?

Glenn
04-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Donīt be stressed,itīs a problemless little bug and no defective malfunction
Everything is fine,only the little light is on the wrong way :-)
Best regards
exactly the same here, no problems, until now, with this update.
04-16-2015, 01:17 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
I updated my firmware yesterday and my K3 isn't displaying any of the bugs reported here. Firmware 1:20 downloaded from Ricoh Japan.
Power on and the LCD lights-up, touch either the shutter release or AF button and the LCD turns off.
Could this bug be dependant on camera settings?

Glenn
Certainly sounds like it is camera settings dependant.

I always have the display turned off to conserve the battery, it's sounds like you have the displayed turned on and the new firmware (1.20) is OK if you have settings like this.

04-16-2015, 04:01 AM   #20
Banned

Interesting some find a problem while others don't. FWIW, My K3 (v. 1.20) LCD works the same as my K30. If the LCD is off, it stays off while focusing but comes on when button is released, if the LCD is on, it shuts off with 1/2 press to focus.
04-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #21
Site Supporter

I think I will wait a bit on updating my K3.... seems to be too many issues popping up, and at this point my camera is working fine for my needs. As a rule of thumb, I tend to wait a bit after any firmware or software(camera and other) is released to try it...unless its a critical security patch.

al
04-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Just so we're all on the same page, the "LCD" referenced in the OP is the color screen on the back of the camera, not the B&W display on the top. Both are "LCDs." The original problem posted, which I have experienced with 1.20, occurs on the REAR screen. I successfully re-installed 1.11, and the problem went away. I'm now waiting for "1.21" (?) before I go through this again. I don't plan on buying either of the new full-frame-compatible lenses until (if and when) I acquire Pentax's new full-frame camera, so the fact that 1.20 supports these new lenses is of no current importance to me. 1.11 has worked just fine so far.

John
04-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #23
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by PALADIN85020 Quote
Just so we're all on the same page, the "LCD" referenced in the OP is the color screen on the back of the camera, not the B&W display on the top. Both are "LCDs." The original problem posted, which I have experienced with 1.20, occurs on the REAR screen. I successfully re-installed 1.11, and the problem went away. I'm now waiting for "1.21" (?) before I go through this again. I don't plan on buying either of the new full-frame-compatible lenses until (if and when) I acquire Pentax's new full-frame camera, so the fact that 1.20 supports these new lenses is of no current importance to me. 1.11 has worked just fine so far.

John
In my case, yes, I'm referring to the rear screen, it works as it always has. Odd that it affects some but not others. Perhaps, (just a shot in the dark here) due to slightly different components inside depending on date of mfg.???

05-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #24
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

I just today received a K-3 from B&H, and it came through with V.1.11 on it (along with a slip of paper informing the user of that), and, since (presumably) B&H's stock is fairly up to date, maybe not too many new K-3 owners will have V.1.20 already installed (yet), and thus won't have to downgrade.

Of course, in my particular case, this buckaroo is gonna hang tight with V.1.11 for a while...
05-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #25
Pentaxian

1.21 is ok as far as I know