Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxxxx Quote
Good news! I took the battery out of the camera and into the charger overnight. This morning I put the SD card with the 1.20 update into the camera and when I turned the camera on it offered to update the firmware. After a minute of "Now Loading" (and me being very nervous) the update completed and the camera works again.

Not sure what did the trick. Was it charging the battery (although I had tried that last night) or taking the battery out of the camera for 10 hours? In any case, I am a happy camper again.

---------- Post added 04-17-15 at 06:30 AM ----------

No. The original Pentax one. I had heard about problems with OEM batteries before.

---------- Post added 04-17-15 at 06:54 AM ----------

In the future I'll definitely charge for 12 hours to make sure it's full.
I have to say that I have updated the f/w in my GX-10(KD-10)/K-5/K-r/K-30/K-3, having made sure that whatever battery (OEM or 3rd party, whichever was available) was "fully charged" after a session in the relevant Pentax OEM charger and I have never, as far as I can remember, had a problem other than the update failed completely without bricking the camera, which then remained at the previous f/w version and worked

06-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
II have found v1.21 to have better AF with my DA*300. For what it is worth.