Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Is is possible to have a wirelessly activated bulb mode / interval shooting?

Is is possible to have a wirelessly activated bulb mode or interval shooting?

(Right this might seem a silly question, but I've not touched a wireless DSLR yet of any brand)

Can the interval/trigger be gotten rid of potentially? Thinking about the K-3ii and night stuff!

Do existing cameras have those functions without the need for a trigger?

04-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check Triggertrap. Provided you are working within a wireless network, it has the ability to trigger one iOS device attached to your camer, using another some where else on the network. I haven't specifically used that functionality, so I cannot speak with authority on your specific need.

Triggertrap app adds Wi-Fi control for remote smart camera triggering: Digital Photography Review
04-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I have a cheap JJC wireless shutter($20) release from the Orient that works just fine . I set Bulb to push on push off in the menu.. Also I have a Flucard that works in manual (30 sec)& bulb mode on Iphone 5, Laptop, & an android pad. Also I have a Corded remote & IR remote for K3 which also works in all the modes incl. bulb . Lots of options.
They all work in any mode the shutter can be triggered in.
04-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Good postings ...

One question: is the little Pentax "one-button-remote" that looks like a small black wafer going to be adequate for B mode ?

Curious, as someone just asks me about what to get as a remote for shutter speeds longer than 30 seconds.

JP

04-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Good postings ...

One question: is the little Pentax "one-button-remote" that looks like a small black wafer going to be adequate for B mode ?

Curious, as someone just asks me about what to get as a remote for shutter speeds longer than 30 seconds.

JP
that little black wafer sounds like the IF (infared) remote. I'm not sure but you cant hold the shutter open with it but could change Bulb in the menu to push open push close two actions needed or the Timer could probably be used but limited to 2 or 12 seconds
04-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use the black wafer thing (if its the same as mine) all the time for bulb mode and when I'm mucking about with the O-GPS1.

I just bought 10 of the things for $8 since I tend to lose them a lot.

You basically just set Bulb to fire on then off with subsequent presses of the button and you're golden. I've used them with the K-x, K-30 and now the K-3 without a hitch.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, mine is the plastic doo-dad in the bottom right of this shot.

04-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Good postings ...

JP
the answer is yes, there is a setting in the menu for Bulb mode (C1 item 7) that I use so I don't have to hold down the button:
press once - starts the image
second press - end the image

for interval shooting, same concept - set the intervals, start with the remote. intervals will end once the programmed number of images are taken.
04-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster

I'm currently using this, its a generic one from Ebay... It'd be great to have this functionality built-in and accessible wirelessly