Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
So, if you are using the tripod for a shot that does not require (or you just don't want to) "PS", the SR should be OFF, as usual.
If you want to use PS, then you leave the SR "ON" ?

JP
More likely we enable PS (a MENU or INFO Screen choice?) and the camera takes care of LV, SR and anything else necessary.

04-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Am I correct in assuming that is what biz-engineer has done in his example above?
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
I think is not the same thing. Biz-engineer has stacked 4 images that are strictly the same. PS is changing the colored pixels position for every shot. and the results are different. There are already new threads about that.
Yes I stacked 4 images to see if it allows more room for sharpening without also having more noise. Although there is no noise, the sharpness is still not there.
04-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
We know that is electronic shutter between images taken with pixel shift. Is in the features pages on Ricoh site.
Hmm, if it has an electronic shutter option on the sensor, could this not open up a high-speed flash syncing with 'dumb manual' flashes?
04-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yes I stacked 4 images to see if it allows more room for sharpening without also having more noise. Although there is no noise, the sharpness is still not there.
I've tried this before as well.
The plan was stacking several iso 80 exposures to get a super clean image, and then sharpen the crap out of it. But it failed due to the pictures being slightly misaligned with each other, so while super clean, also a tiny bit blurrier.

04-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #50
Veteran Member

How to use SR and tripod at the same time. To get the feature you have to make SR on and this behave is not what RICOH advising.some correct me.
04-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
To get the feature you have to make SR on
No, you have to turn the pixel-shifting on.

SR and the dust removal system use the same sensor movement mechanism, but they are not the same. As monochrome suggested above, the most likely scenario is that you turn on the PS and let the camera do the appropriate magic. This is a specialty mode and not something you would use for general shooting.

Steve
04-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #52

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I take it you've seen this?
That is just stunning. As well as the other samples

04-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No, you have to turn the pixel-shifting on.

SR and the dust removal system use the same sensor movement mechanism, but they are not the same. As monochrome suggested above, the most likely scenario is that you turn on the PS and let the camera do the appropriate magic. This is a specialty mode and not something you would use for general shooting.

Steve
Thanks Steve.got it now
04-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #54
Pentaxian

This is an advantage of having anti-shake in-camera or without. Incorporate it into every Pentax camera. THIS is a deal-breaker!
04-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #55
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
This is an advantage of having anti-shake in-camera or without. Incorporate it into every Pentax camera. THIS is a deal-breaker!
A deal-breaker or a game changer?
04-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #56

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Just saw these links on dpreview posted as (in Japanese) official samples. Can't read Japanese, but the images are amazing.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/k-3-2/ex/img/bod_mainImg_01.JPG

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/k-3-2/ex/img/bod_mainImg_02.JPG

This time in English with examples with and without PS (Pixel Shift) on

Sample Images?K-3 II | RICOH IMAGING
sorry.. I can't see a picture..,
04-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax Forums, question #13. Would it be possible to leverage the SR mechanism to increase the effective resolution of a Pentax DSLR?

Ricoh Executive: We have tried to increase the effective pixels with shake reduction. But the data size is big and image quality is not improved. So we are now trying to improve the resolution performance without increasing the effective pixels.

Read more at: 2015 Pentax Interview Transcript - CP+ 2015 | PentaxForums.com
04-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Sample images appear to have the hyper-sharpness of Sigma Foveon cameras. Nice.
04-25-2015, 04:04 AM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
A deal-breaker or a game changer?
You're right. I got a little excited!
04-25-2015, 04:16 AM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Sample images appear to have the hyper-sharpness of Sigma Foveon cameras. Nice.
That was my first thought.... selling my DP2 could help me raise funds for one of these.