Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Actually, isn't it called 'chimping' because the movement you make with your thumb on the wheel and buttons when you're moving through or zoomig in on your shot on the LCD is exactly like the 'grooming' activity chimps do? Maybe you've seen Nat Geo or other shows where a chimp is grooming another by obsessively rubbing patches of fur aside with ther thumb... It looks exactly like camera 'chimping' (at least that's what I heard, and they do look the same to me)
That's interesting. I'd heard my story, but actually both stories in combination give even more credence to the term "chimping". Ooohhh...<groom, groom>....oooh!

06-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #32
Forum Member

I also take pics of sports....and children in sports.
Last year i was shooting using the K10. I loved it. Made 27000 pics with it. At the start of the new karting season i decided to buy myself the K20 with a new arsenal of lens, so i bought the DA* series (16-50, 50-135 and 200)

OK in computer terms, its like getting a pentium 4 with a 24 inch flat screen when you had a Pentium 1 with a 15 inch screen before. The first few pics i took with it took my breath away and i received so many reviews fromthe parents that the number of clients i have tripled.

Babelphotos : photos : Coupe Vega 11 Mai 2008 Pointe Du Lac- powered by SmugMug

In the first and second picture (full size on request ) you can actually see the fiber of the suit and the last picture, you can see the expression on this kid face really clearly.

So yes, buying the K20 was the best move i ever did....and i will buy the K30 when it gets out. At least the lens will last a lot longer than the camera
06-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #33

Rene: the K20D has so much resolution, that if your lens is not of the best quality, pixel peeping will clearly show this a lot more than your K100D. My initial thought is that..."eek... i hate it" in reality the resolution of the camera now is so good, every flaw in the lens is now enlarged in a pixel peeping sense, this in-turn basically drive you to a better crop of glasses to get better resolution out of full-size print. However, If you just print (or view) the picture with the same magnification of the K100D, you'll notice a huge diff. the CMOS has excellent the dynamic and smooth tonal gradation, on top of a very useful high ISO use in low light. It's just creamy good. I also especially appreciated the custom focus fine-tuning that can be programmed globally and topically with each AF lens.