Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2015, 10:23 PM   #76

Well, I don't claim to be a 'professional', my actual job is not photographic and compared to some of the oldies', I don't have the same years of experience; but I have owned more cameras than I should have and also have pondered this question. Since beginning my photographic endeavour I have owned a Canon 1DX, 2x 5D Mark III's, EOS M, 7D, Pentax K5, K30. Lots of L Series zooms and a handful of Pentax lenses. After taking a 'break' from photography, I am resuming my passion and continuing where I left of. I am buying new gear which will essentially be one camera one lens.

My weapon of choice will be [Hopefully] a Pentax K3 II and DA* 16-50 F2.8. Along with accessories such as an L Bracket and a bunch of GoPro stuff; this is what I am going to use for virtually everything. [I may buy a DA* 60-250 or DA* 50-135 for my remaining K50].

The choice is based on my own personal preference, obviously. But major factors are weather sealing [My poor cameras go to hell and back... sometimes just to hell ], GPS, overall versatility and image quality.

Some people will argue that you "Need" primes or only amateurs have one zoom lens. But, it is not equipment that takes amazing photographs [Something that cost me a lot of money to learn].

Also, who I personally believe to be the greatest photographer to ever live does most of his work on a single 24-70 f2.8 lens... Any guesses as to who?

05-02-2015, 11:18 PM   #77
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bolt Quote
Also, who I personally believe to be the greatest photographer to ever live does most of his work on a single 24-70 f2.8 lens... Any guesses as to who?
No idea, but interested to know.
05-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So many choices; can't make up my mind. The one moment it's FA31Ltd on the future full frame, the next moment FA31Ltd on a K5 or a superTak 55/1.8 on K5.

It will probably be a lens that I don't have on a body that I don't have.

But for now, superTak 55/1.8 on K100D.
05-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by indy Quote
Ricoh GR. I am amazed by the immage quality and how intuitive it is to use. If the next version has SR and an f2.0 lens it will delay my purchase of the ff. I NEVER thought I would say this, but using the GR has proven to me that a viewfinder is not necessary.
I went to Boston for the weekend and was staying at a Hostel so I didn't want to risk getting my K-3 and some FA lenses stolen so I just brought my GR.
I love using the GR because it goes anywhere in your pocket and most of the time I'm needing a wide lens anyway.
...absolutely can't beat it for convenience, portability, IQ and getting the shot when a DSLR is awkward to carry around....

Boston Underground with the GR...

05-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
I went to Boston for the weekend and was staying at a Hostel so I didn't want to risk getting my K-3 and some FA lenses stolen so I just brought my GR.
I love using the GR because it goes anywhere in your pocket and most of the time I'm needing a wide lens anyway.
...absolutely can't beat it for convenience, portability, IQ and getting the shot when a DSLR is awkward to carry around....

Boston Underground with the GR...
Fantastic shot....and highlights something else to love about the GR: the in camera fx and raw processing. This is the first camera I have shot raw+; and use the effects bracketing to get some really cool out of camera processing. The custome high contrast b&w and bleach bypass are really nice. I'm looking forward to getting into a city environment and playing with the tilt/shift effect.
05-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #81
Veteran Member

One DSLR that I already own, my K-5. One lens that I already own, my FA 50mm F2.8 Macro.
05-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wel I now only own the yellow brick, so that question found it's answer. Since I also have some interested buyers for some of my lenses I maybe have next week only the yellow K-01 with the 31mm on it. That is my most favoriete combo anyway.
Are you changing systems?

05-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #83
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Are you changing systems?
No immediate plans on spend ing money on Camera gear.
05-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #84
Banned

Original Poster
I got a little scared since I got an offer on the brick and 31, but Lucky me it was only some scam from Nigeria. So for now I'm down to the yellow brick and 31/85 combo.
05-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #85
Pentaxian

I got a little scared since I got an offer on the brick and 31, but Lucky me it was only some scam from Nigeria. So for now I'm down to the yellow brick and 31/85 combo.
Are you about to sell everything and give up on photography? And didn't you have a 645 setup at some point?
05-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #86
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Are you about to sell everything and give up on photography? And didn't you have a 645 setup at some point?
Well I have still some days before I go on vacation, so maybe the set is as it is now. over the years I had a lot of different camera's and lenses. Now I have just a small set. Still not to shabby.
05-06-2015, 02:22 PM - 2 Likes   #87
Veteran Member

Film: Pentax 67II + 105mm
Digital: Pentax flagship + FA*85.
05-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I have still some days before I go on vacation, so maybe the set is as it is now. over the years I had a lot of different camera's and lenses. Now I have just a small set. Still not to shabby.
I did a head count the other day and realized I have 15 cameras. It's time to either open a museum or start shipping out some of them on fleaBay.
05-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
while I love my Pentax gear if push came to shove...no question......the new Leica M Monochrom type 246 / Noctilux-M 50mm F 0.095 I could live with that

this is theorhetical right....OK real world the New FF Pentax with my FA31 LImited
How can one phrase such a paragraph without risking to sound pretentious
05-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #90

Wanna try Fullframe, Canon 6D with 24-70 F/4
But Pentax will come end of year with the better offer. I believe