Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

K200D wizards - autobracket?

Greetings -

Wondering if I might be missing something.

If I'm understanding the functionality correctly, autobracket should fire off 3 shots in a row -- one normal, one more exposed, one less exposed (tho' I don't know the specific order). Is that correct?

If so, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Per the manual, I hit the Fn button, then up, then over to the right to select the autobracketing drive mode. I can then use the thumbwheel to specify if I want a .5, 1.0, 1.5 steps of bracketing.

The 'three-image' bracketing symbol appears in the LCD on top of the camera.

But ... when I click & hold down the shutter release, only one photo is taken.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

- Richard

06-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Richard, on my *ist DS autobracket works just as you described - select it via the Fn menu, hit "ok" twice, then shoot. I tried it, and it fired off 3 shots (well, 4, but I didn't lift my finger off the shutter release ).

So, not sure what's up with your camera - check & make sure the autobracket symbol is visable in the LCD panel then test it again.
06-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What they don't seem to tell you is you have to hold down the shutter release untill all three shots are taken. I figured that out by accident.

Incidentally, you can change the order in which they're taken in the custom menu, but I like the default the best (the normal exposure's first).

EDIT: ok looks like you are holding down the button...hmmm...now I don't feel so helpful.
06-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
MnR

Hi,

I don't remember off hand, But I think you have select it the menu also...

06-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Richard, on my *ist DS autobracket works just as you described - select it via the Fn menu, hit "ok" twice, then shoot. I tried it, and it fired off 3 shots (well, 4, but I didn't lift my finger off the shutter release ).

So, not sure what's up with your camera - check & make sure the autobracket symbol is visable in the LCD panel then test it again.
Chip -

Hmmm. Maybe it was hitting OK the second time. Maybe some karmic happenstance.

But all is now well.

Thanks.

- Richard