Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Should I upgrade to the K20D
Heck yeah man, it's totally worth it! 4658.23%
No way man, stick with what you got! 3341.77%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #16

K10 or k20

I have both. my k10 hardley gets used anymore. i think my son is gonna get that camera eventually . i really like the k20 I bought it when it first came out along with 3 of the DA* lens. and havent looked back. to me its well worth the money. im thinking about the da* 300.....the reviews arent quite as good as the 200...whats everyone opinion..........

Rick

Hey budduh how do you like the DA*300???????

06-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Hi Richard (Day)

Re your news:

QuoteQuote:
I've decided to curtail any more expenditure until I've recovered from my op
Yeah, but you didn't mention if the 'op' had cured your LBA addiction or not......LOL ! By the way, did the bank manager use gelignite or key-hole surgery to break open your safety deposit box in order to check on the state of your remaining funds ? Seriously though, we all hope you're well on the way to a speedy recovery.

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 06-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Well I dont have all my gear listed in my sig.
Geez Buddha, with all that gear the only thing left is going for the k20D. You know you want to. You know you are going to. The only question left is when. Do it!!

Ken
06-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #19

I just recently made this decision. It really depends more on whether you will just keep the K10D as a spare, or you have to sell it to afford the K20D. In my case, I really couldn't afford to keep both. So I figured now was the time, I got $500 for the K10D body, and with the new rebate the K20D will be just under a grand, so my final cost for the update will be about $500. If you wait until the price of the 20 comes down even more, that will make you current body worth less as well. So to me it was a decision on when the price of the 20 and the selling price of the 10 would get me the best deal. If you wait too long, the K10D won't be worth selling.

06-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Buddha,

Off you you go..... go on....you know you want to....so just bloody well do it!!!

Enjoy your new camera (tell the wife its all my fault....doubt she'll ever get over here.... )

Cheers mate.
06-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First off, you guys suck, I was really expecting everyone to tell me to keep the K10D and be happy with it. The overwhelming majority that posted replies say to buy it and its worth the upgrade hit me by suprise.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxnut Quote
Hey budduh how do you like the DA*300???????
I really like it, it was one of my most used lenses while I was laid up. Agreed it is not as good as the DA*200 but it holds its own very well. I mainly say not as good in the area of bokeh, but it is pretty sharp corner to corner. I am going to take it to the raptor sanctuary and the zoo when the weather cools down a bit to give it a proper workout.

QuoteOriginally posted by cygnet Quote
I just recently made this decision. It really depends more on whether you will just keep the K10D as a spare, or you have to sell it to afford the K20D. In my case, I really couldn't afford to keep both. So I figured now was the time, I got $500 for the K10D body, and with the new rebate the K20D will be just under a grand, so my final cost for the update will be about $500. If you wait until the price of the 20 comes down even more, that will make you current body worth less as well. So to me it was a decision on when the price of the 20 and the selling price of the 10 would get me the best deal. If you wait too long, the K10D won't be worth selling.
I am going to keep the K10D as a spare. I am thinking that for the b-ball tryout that I am going to shoot it would be very beneficial to have two cams with me so I can use a wide angle on one and a tele on the other. I like having a spare (I also have a K110D that I want to give to my nephew so this would be a good replacement/upgrade) I think the K10D is worth more keeping than selling.
06-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What's a wife?

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
G'day Buddha,

Off you you go..... go on....you know you want to....so just bloody well do it!!!

Enjoy your new camera (tell the wife its all my fault....doubt she'll ever get over here.... )

Cheers mate.
You think I would have all this stuff if I had a wife?

06-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just ordered it.
06-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You think I would have all this stuff if I had a wife?
Ahhh...no one to blame huh? geez thats tough.

Seriously for a moment, given your glass I think you would get a lot out of the K20
Cheers.
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #25
Damn Brit

I just ordered it.

No, cancel the order and be happy with your K10d.
06-10-2008, 03:44 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just cancelled my order.

NOT!!!
06-10-2008, 04:16 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Budda,
Enjoy your new toy. To be truthful, I was surprised the poll went as it did, a full 43% voting to keep the K10D. For me there is not enough improvement in the K20D to justify it's cost to me. I've decided to stick with the K10 and wait and see what the K30D (or what ever they call it) will be like. From what I understand it is 'spoda' be announced this fall, that will mean that for me I'll probably get it (if it's what I want) next year this time as by that time the price will have dropped significantly. In the meantime I'll add to my lens collection.

NaCl(it's just that the K20D does not make my socks roll up and down...the K10D did)H2O
06-10-2008, 04:56 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, I cancelled it, for real this time. I think I'm going to buy a motorcycle instead.
06-10-2008, 06:25 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kept the K10D as back up. Hardly ever use it except for one specific shooting situation. Available light. K20D sucks for lightning, fireworks, etc shooting. Can't turn the stupid dark frame mode off. Couldn't even take lightning shots. Camera spent so much time processing dark frame. Also even on manual iso is limited to 1600 on bulb! Bummer.
The K20D does everything else better than K10D. You have waited this long would consider waiting to see what the K30D is in Sept.
thanks
barondla

Check out the winners of POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #7 in P&S forum. Also enter contest #8. Any camera type except slr. Any brand. Any subject.
06-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #30
Syb
Veteran Member

Motorcycle? What kind of?

And were you serious? Are you taking your "good old" K10d on your road trips now? I like your choice. If I had the money I would choose to buy something that really adds to the joy of having a camera. Buying yourself the liberty to go where you want is much more of a liberty than the possibility to shoot more ISO...

Cheers!
(please do not kick me off the forum right now!)

Syb