Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Should I upgrade to the K20D
Heck yeah man, it's totally worth it! 4658.23%
No way man, stick with what you got! 3341.77%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Congrats!! On what i'm not sure yet but either way! I was thinking to wait for the k30d but I needed another body and the improvements were enough for me. If the k30d is drastically improved i see it retailing for a little more at first too. At this point i've used the 20d enough to justify it

06-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The K20D is a significant upgrade to the K10D. I know (but don't understand why) Pentax pushes the K20D as an "evolutionary" upgrade to the K10D, but I don't agree. The K20D does everything at least a little better, and some things are just lots better (more resolution, better noise control on high ISO for example). It all adds up to a much better camera, and the K10D is certainly no slouch!

The K20D isn't the bargain basement dSLR that previous models were. However, it's still a bargain for what you get. It's just a really nice camera.
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Salty's comment took me back to my initial reaction to the K20D release, it didn't jump out and say BUY ME then and it really is not doing it now, but that is just me. $1300 is a lot for something that is moderately inspiring in my book, so I opt to pass on it for now. The next generation will most likely be my next purchase in body, as I originally planned. Until then I am thinking the Sigma 180 Macro is next on my list.
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Buddha,

As I was reading through the thread, I thought I might advise you to go buy more glass with that money instead of getting the new body, but then looking at what you have, I didn't figure that there was much more glass worth buying after looking at your sig, but then you pull the Sigma 180 out of your hat--good choice.

I have several more lenses that I want to buy before replacing my body, but by the time I get to that point (sometime next year, I'm estimating), the desire for a new body may be competing with a desire for a new Mac PC to replace the Vista PC I have now. A lot of that may be determined by what Pentax puts out over the next year in the way of new bodies.

Heather