Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #1

bellows

I have a k-x camera 52mm lens . I have a pentax slide copirer that has a 49 mm connection how can I adapt this arrangement.

05-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To just connect them you could use a 52mm to 49mm step down ring. But I am not sure that would really work. I think the slide copier was mounted on the bellows unit.

Which unit do you have?

Look here: Bellows, Extension Tubes, Etc. (Genuine Pentax) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
05-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
To just connect them you could use a 52mm to 49mm step down ring. But I am not sure that would really work. I think the slide copier was mounted on the bellows unit.

Which unit do you have?

Look here: Bellows, Extension Tubes, Etc. (Genuine Pentax) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

lens goes on to bellows, adapter ring, Then the slide copier goes on. Slide copier also has a bellows attached to it. Adjust The bellows/slide copier so that you get the best 1:1 ratio. light source should be of the appropriate type for your film.
05-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #4

The slide copier was designed to be used with a 50mm focal length lens. With a crop sensor you won't be able to copy the full frame off the slide. You need to extend the rail that the slide copier attaches to in order to get the less than 1x magnification needed for a full copy. If you use a longer focal length lens you run into the same problem.

There are workarounds, search the forum for the relevant threads.